Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Woohoo... official start of hockey season...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 04:17 PM
aka_chewy
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Woohoo... official start of hockey season...

Never been a huge fan of watching hockey on TV. Played hockey all my life, but there's just so much of the excitement/skill lost on TV. About the only hockey I like to watch on TV is the Minnesota State High School Tourny. Some of the best hockey there is IMO. I love watching the Wild games at Xcel, that place is awesome.

Last year I followed the Fayetteville Fireantz since my brother played for them. They took the SPHL title, so it was fun to watch. This year he's playing for the Pensacola Ice Pilots, so I'll follow them now and probably make a trip down to see him.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:19 PM
minnesotamopar
Rookie

Boy you're right about watching games in the Xcel--everything is good in that place, hockey of courst the best, but I saw Clapton two different times, the first in Target Center and second in Xcel, and man the sound and visibility plain kicks butt in Xcel.

Hockey on TV is my favorite television sport--I think your'e right about the skill level not being as apparent, but it's still easy to tell that every single NHL player has such immense talent, speed, agility, and dare I say ethics to make me really love watching it on TV. Hockey is the last pro sport I can fully stand behind in all manners--compared to football and basketball and even college sports it's as if hockey's ethics have thankfully stayed back in the 1950's.

The high school tourney is awesome too--watched most of it last year--really great to watch true sportsmanship.

--Matt

Old 10-06-2007, 09:41 PM
BiggBlu601
Veteran

i always wanted to try and play hockey but down here in mississippi we dont do stuff like that. i do like hockey alot and like to watch it. i go with several teams but i favor the Canuks for some reason lol. we used to have a few ECHL teams down here but they got ride of one so all we have is 1 semi pro team i guess u can call it i guess.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:51 AM
kerstenp
Rookie

I'm from Toronto, so I'm a Leaf's fan by citizenship.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:12 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 224 Likes on 209 Posts

ORIGINAL: kerstenp

I'm from Toronto, so I'm a Leaf's fan by citizenship.
a hockey fan is a hockey fan... doesnt matter who your team is.

since your a fan... Stockton Thunder season is starting up pretty soon if your interested... we always have a blast when we go.

Old 10-08-2007, 03:58 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

i like the flyers.. always have a fighting chance its just that their from philly... lol they got a curse!

Quick Reply: Woohoo... official start of hockey season...