Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Got'r to 105

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:21 PM
halfdozenbuzzin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got'r to 105

had a lonely stretch of highway this morning begging my right foot to the floor.. you all know that feeling when she shifts into overdrive and keeps you pinned to the seat..... the wind noise getting louder and louder by the half-second..... at 105 a car came over the distant hill ....quick thought "hope that isn't a cop"so i backed out of it..

anyone know when the factory speed limiter kicks in??

Old 10-11-2007, 04:05 PM
solarwarp
Veteran
Default RE: Got'r to 105

You should've kept going... [8D]by the time you saw him, had it been law enforcement ... oh, well; just might have gotten free ride in the back of a patrol car.

It scares me to think what can happen at those speeds. A foreign object on the road, a ferral hog, tire disentegrates, etc. Am I just getting old?

Old 10-11-2007, 04:07 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Ive had mine to 109 and had plenty to go. [8D]

Old 10-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Splicer

I think you were close to the limit. On my 06 I can do 108 on the speedo thats 110 on my GPS close to 2900 RPM. At this speed it feels like it de- fuels because it pulls untill you get there then just stops accelerating.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah, I think the most I was able to get it to wa 110 or something and then it felt like it was surging a bit like it was defueling. I'd LOVE to know how fast it would go without a limiter.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:31 PM
savage.basher

Am I just getting old?
yes.

I have had the crotch rocket to a little over 140mph so far (had it for a month now), and those same thoughts start wandering through my head..... course I amout in the open unprotectedon two wheels (most of the time ).

Old 10-11-2007, 04:36 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: savage.basher

Am I just getting old?
yes.

I have had the crotch rocket to a little over 140mph so far (had it for a month now), and those same thoughts start wandering through my head..... course I amout in the open unprotectedon two wheels (most of the time ).
Bad I dea. I have two kids and and you should always use protection.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I was comming home from Myrtle and that same thing went through my head. I was riding through some THICK fog and at any given moment a deer would have taken me out for sure.

God was DEFINATELY my co-pilot on that trip !!

Old 10-11-2007, 04:57 PM
halfdozenbuzzin
Professional

yeah..those thoughts went through my head a little.. but being a new truck with new tires.. etc.. eases my mind a little.

when i was a kid.. i remember a trip to exchange an empty keg of beer.. it was a 45 mile drive from the lake to the liquer store.. i had a toyota celica and it was topped out the whole trip there and back (115mph).. i'm sure at the time i couldn't have passed a breathalizer test..

not being drunk.. not having an empty keg in the back seat.. and only hitting the high speed for a short time make it all easier.. although.. a little alcohol makes you invinsable (stupid)

i think age gives you the wisdom to lower your odds of getting caught doing the stupid things you did wrecklessly as a kid

Old 10-11-2007, 05:05 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

after my brother spent 4 month in coma and then 3 years in rehab only little over a year ago..and knowing you may be putting your brother 6 ft under...bought a bike 3 months ago..and just sold it..riding is just not the same...then lost my friend june 11th to a bike wreck on highway 40 here in asheville....hit and run....but i suppose if you take the extra umph to be safe...it may be alright...i just dont want it to me they take away in the helicopter!