Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

what does everybody think of this truck??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 02:03 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what does everybody think of this truck??

yea thats a lot of miles in a short amount of time and knowing its been sittin on that lot a while its tuff to determine if its truely worth that kinda money...

Old 10-14-2007, 02:13 PM
austin
Veteran

so do yall think I shouldnt get it?

What about this truck?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...:IT&ih=013

its at the same dealership.... I like it!

Old 10-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Mayfair
Legend

LOVIN that front bumper !!

What is a PIAA

For the price I'm wondering how far off it is from a new one. I'm LOVIN the black, however other's have said that they wouldn't buy it again.

86K ?? What is everything in your town 100 miles away?

Have you checked your local craigslist? ( craigslist.org )

Old 10-14-2007, 02:58 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

22K for 140,000 miles seems like quite a bit. I picked up my 04 with 19,000 miles for 29K an it was loaded. Laramie package with about 5K in extras. Westin Grill Gaurd, PIAA 520 fog lights, fiberglass cover, spray in bedliner, and quite a bit more. I would think 15 or so would be a fair price.

What is a PIAA
Its the switch for the fog lights, PIAA is the brand...the same ones I have on my truck

Old 10-14-2007, 03:05 PM
austin
Veteran

Well right now I own a black truck, and am not new to keeping it clean. My rims are always extra shiny, and my truck always has a good 3-4 coats of wax on it. Trust me, I know how to take care of my stuff.

I love the ranch hand bumper with the lights and everything. That truck is very nice. Do you think I can get the price down to about 24k?

Also guys keep in mind I'm almost 17(one month away). So far I have been going into dealerships by myself looking at new or used trucks. Would it be better if I brought my dad with me?(he is veryyy good at negotiation. He is not helping pay for this truck though and wants me to figure everything out)
But if I brought him do you think the price could get lower??

Thank you guys for all the help!!

Old 10-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: austin

Would it be better if I brought my dad with me?(he is veryyy good at negotiation. He is not helping pay for this truck though and wants me to figure everything out)
But if I brought him do you think the price could get lower??
To be honest with you, YES, it WILL help to have your Dad along. He may or may not be able to get the price down, but he may be better able to work with the dealer. Either way, it's better to have someone with you who is looking out for YOUR interrest. Right now you're all ga-ga like a kid at a strip club. Right now you'll pay ANYTHING to get what you want !! Having your Dad along will help to keep the leash a little shorter, and it's always good to have someone along with a little more experience. It's the best way to learn, especially when dealing with car dealers. They're the WORST at far as liars go. If you've never dealt with them before, the'll suck you right in with their lies.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:19 PM
austin
Veteran

Well sorry to say as far as cars/trucks go I know more than my dad does. My dad only knows what a diesel is, not really why it is better and stronger than gas. Hell, just last Thursday he asked me what a hemi is.
When it comes to negotiation he knows more than I do, and he has bought a lot more cars than I have! He just doesn't really know much about trucks.

Craigslist doesn't have anything good in Dallas area right now.

I will try and go look at the two black trucks this week thogh. My parents just aren't that happy because I'm trading my 06 Ram with 22,000 miles for an 05 with like 80,000 miles.
They don't realize that an 05 diesel with 80,000 miles is really not even broken in yet though! Plus I'm a little tired of my dad making me pull 6000# with my 3.7L... yet he doesn't want me to buy a new truck. Go figure, right?

Thanks guys
Austin

Old 10-14-2007, 04:17 PM
BiggBlu601
Veteran

im curious if u can only find from a dealer and all and not a individual seller and all. the 05 looks better with a little less miles and all. and ya take ya dad with ya and all.

Quick Reply: what does everybody think of this truck??