Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Had to drive a Ferd Today

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had to drive a Ferd Today

So.... I had to drive an 08 Ford F-250 Stupor Duty today at work. It was a Quad cab 2WD with that new diesel of theirs. Well I took it upon myself to test it so I could offer a review. Anyhow, I honestly beleive the truck looks like a mentally disabled baluga whale from the exterior(ugly). The interior wasn't bad, the gauge cluster has a built in boost gauge. I liked that. I also liked the round air vents that you can manipulate to blow air in virtually any direction. Most importantly is the motor department though. Boy howdy does it blow. The turbo does come on a bit sooner than my dodge but I cannot feel the power as much as I can my cummins. It just didn't feel strong you know? Didnt get that chance to put it side by side with my truck, but my coworker today who also drives a mega cab CTD said it felt cheap and weak. Just thought I would let everyone know what I though cause thats what the interhiway is for right?So.... I had to drive an 08 Ford F-250 Stupor Duty today at work. It was a Quad cab 2WD with that new diesel of theirs. Well I took it upon myself to test it so I could offer a review. DF boys I will post this to our forum as well as it will likely get more conversation and viewing over there. Anyhow, I honestly beleive the truck looks like a mentally disabled baluga whale from the exterior(ugly). The interior wasn't bad, the gauge cluster has a built in boost gauge. I liked that. I also liked the round air vents that you can manipulate to blow air in virtually any direction. Most importantly is the motor department though. Boy howdy does it blow. The turbo does come on a bit sooner than my dodge but I cannot feel the power as much as I can my cummins. It just didn't feel strong you know? Didnt get that chance to put it side by side with my truck, but my coworker today who also drives a mega cab CTD said it felt cheap and weak. Just thought I would let everyone know what I though cause thats what the interhiway is for right?

Old 10-20-2007, 11:07 AM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran
Default RE: Had to drive a Ferd Today

We have an 06 F-550 at work with the 6.0 and an automatic. It revs, but goes nowhere fast. It just seems like it can't get out of its own way fast enough.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Ben D.
Champion

yea they suck. I used to work at a gas station last year during sr yr in high school. some guy came in complaining we didn't have ULSD just LSD and he said he needs it for his new 08 super duty. I couldn't hold back the laughter and using my phone i pulled up youtube and showed him the ford flamethrower thing. talk about hilarious.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

It was pretty sad

Old 10-21-2007, 08:54 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

yea they suck. I used to work at a gas station last year during sr yr in high school. some guy came in complaining we didn't have ULSD just LSD and he said he needs it for his new 08 super duty.
The 6.7l cummins can only handle ULSD so that isnt a very good statement.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Ben D.
Champion

well yea I know the 6.7L can only handle the ULSd but the guy was complaining more or less I think so he could brag about how he's getting a new truck. and when he said it was an 08 considering this was about three or four months ago I asked if it was a super duty he said yea and went on about how great it was so I told him about the recall and the fire thing and showed himn the video. I don't work there anymore so mebbe they got ULSD now but at that time it was only LSD. perhaps i'm jsut tired but how was it a bad statement cuz i'm missing it but I am beat so forgive me if i'm totally mssing it.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:38 PM
lewpuckett
Professional

well i have got to say that ford does not really have the working man in mind. I tried out a few fords. born & raised on the blue oval, but thank God I saw the light. RAM is the way 2 go.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Yeah, I was just completely unimpressed

Old 10-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Ben D.
Champion

the best part about owning the ram is that honestly chevy ford and all them can think what you want but stacked up fact for fact the dodge is better opinion or not that's just how it is.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

I have driven everything between what I have owned and What I drive for work in the missile field here and I gotta say I prefer the cummins of all the diesels and dodge all around for utility. Its too bad our wing here won't buy us dodges to use in the field, then I wouldn't feel likeI was cheating on my truck everytime I went out to a silo but it's not my choice, gotta drive a blue truck with military plates. Now there are other units with a more utilitarian role, like units that haul heavy loads and tow big stuff, guess what they bought? CTD's

Quick Reply: Had to drive a Ferd Today