Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

stacking electronics

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:41 PM
woligator
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stacking electronics

i have the hyperpac programmer witch i love trully,now i want to put a power puck whit it,but can i stack a chip like the EZ edge too?or better ideas? the hyperpac is plugged into the service port inside cab and i need it to stay plugged to get my gauges and egt and limiters

Old 10-23-2007, 07:44 PM
blondeguy08
Professional
Default RE: stacking electronics

just get a edge juice with attitude.... its never good to stack.. things can go horribly wrong ...

Old 10-23-2007, 08:31 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

i wont put away my hyperpac,i love it and it costed me 1200$ whit the EGT option

Old 10-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stacked smarty(#5) with TST(4/2) in the burnout vids. . .EGT's only hit around 1250

ran that combo on the dyno only back the TST down to 2/1 and made 425hp.

you can stack, you just have to watch your EGT's, lift pump pressuresand boost numbers. if EGT's are too high then back the fueling down, pump pressures go down, again, back off the fueling. boost numbers get too high. . .you guessed it. . .back off.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Thefiremon
Rookie

But why are you even wanting to stack them. After all, All of the programmers pretty much use the same tune. They are just tweaked different ways. If you are wanting to switch between different brands on the fly I think this might work. http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...wermodules.htm

Old 10-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Thefiremon
Rookie

In-cab control with Granatelli Big G monitors.
Granatelli Motor Sports Big G in-cab monitors are designed to communicate with all diesel plug-and-play modules, flash tools, and hand-held programmers, no matter who made them. They're programmed to assume command over any aftermarket components and factory ECUs, so they can always monitor and control advanced power levels. You can use them to switch tunes on the fly, and they will display up to four performance parameters (including power output settings as a percentage, boost pressure, and EGTs before and after the turbo) and read and clear DTCs and engine lights. Big G in-cab monitors even de-fuel based on driver-set coolant, boost, or EGT presets. The Big G monitors have a big, easy-to-read display, but they're compact enough to fit any pillar gauge pods and they will install without cutting or splicing.

Got that off summitt racing

Old 10-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Silverline
Veteran

Drew....I thought you only had the TST...man, I'm getting behind the times here.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Twoforme2
Veteran

ORIGINAL: woligator

i have the hyperpac programmer witch i love trully,now i want to put a power puck whit it,but can i stack a chip like the EZ edge too?or better ideas? the hyperpac is plugged into the service port inside cab and i need it to stay plugged to get my gauges and egt and limiters
I don't have any experience here but have done alot of reading and from what I understand you need to know what the Hyperpac does to "create" power. Does it do it with timing, duration, fueling, or a combination of things, i.e. Edge Juice does adjusts Timing and duration, thus adding a EZ is OK because itadds fueling.Then buy something that does not double up on the same thing.

Not sure if that is of any help to ya, but I cannot reccomend a specific product for ya, because I have no experience with them.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:08 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

that was i had in mind,the EZ is intercepting data to the ecm and the hyperpac load a programm into it,and i think that the power puck intercept data to the vp44

Old 10-24-2007, 07:05 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Silverline

Drew....I thought you only had the TST...man, I'm getting behind the times here.
I do. . .I just borrowed a smarty on saturday. . .now I want one

Quick Reply: stacking electronics