Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

What to do(OT-College stuff)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:45 PM
ds06
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What to do(OT-College stuff)

well i'm actually in an appartment off campus, and the biggest partier in the appartment is an eng. major...civil though. I take a couple classes with him and he goes to half of them and still scores better. But whatever...i'm thinkin bout minding my own for a while and finding people that are actual friends.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:03 PM
ds06
Professional

warning: Vent coming!
ok, Back story: So I'm the only one with a lock on my personal room which can be accessed from the outside, my dad said, "when you leave, lock your door." I didn't really protest that. So that was an issue for about three days at the begining of the semester. I didn't bring any furniture for the living/dining room casue everyone else had stuff land in their lap, so they understood. Well starting about two or three weeks ago, the roommate's gf said some things at a party: Dave (me) is a douche, a comment about me not owning anything in the common area, and a comment about picking "someone's lock, i don't know who's we'd pick though."

Update: I was rearanging my room(i know, i know) tonight and found a bobby pin, which was used in the lock picking comment, in my room and looked at my door lock, which has misterious scratches on it. WTF? I'm just a tad pissed at the moment.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Ben D.
Champion

do what I do, work ur azz of all week do good in ur classes, then go to the frat houses and get **** drunk and forget all that ails ya. working good for me 3.5 gpa takin chem, calc, seminar, mythology

Old 10-29-2007, 10:51 AM
savage.basher

Huh... I would have thought mayfair would have commented by now .

Old 10-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: savage.basher
Huh... I would have thought mayfair would have commented by now .
Well I'm here now !!

OK, lets take this one by one ...

First of all don't sweat these punks. If they were your friends, they'd be there for you and understand where you're at at this time. The situation you are in is no different than being in the military. You can't pick and choose who you bunk with or who is in your group, you've just gotta work with what you've got and make the best of it. Sure, some people get along quicker / easier than others, that's life.

My friend was in a similar situation as you back in the day. He was pretty much the class nerd who went to Penn State. He too had roomates who didn't necessarily mess with him, but didn't really include him either. It bothered him so he called me to vent. The following weekend I went up there, spent the weekend with my bud and his roomates and before the weekend was over his roomates saw a whole new side of my friend, one that they liked and he was now included in things. Perhaps you could have YOUR friends visit?

Either way, don't sweat this whole thing too much, It'll pass. As far as having "real friends', well, you've always got THIS motley crue right here.

Absolute worst case scenario, we'll ALL have to pay you and your roomates a vist !! I'll keep your friends girlfriend busy.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:56 PM
ds06
Professional

haa...the sad thing is, i did choose this bunch. I just had no idea it was going to be like this. And i wouldn't consider myself a nerd...i prob. should study more, i just don't want to get hammered and act like an idiot every night. I dunno, I feel like they are kinda messing with me with the door and all, it's just rough when you feel like you don't have actual friends somewhere. And the saddest part is that I don't really have friend back home either cause i didn't really get along with most of the kids i went to school with. I mean i have a few, but I dunno, I guess i'll just have to tough it out and come here for relief.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Perhaps you should just set a pumpkin on fire. It makes ME feel better !!

Old 10-29-2007, 06:23 PM
ds06
Professional

i'd like to set more than that on fire...and the worst part is that it's not like i can just go out and sit in my cummins....cause i don't have one...that would help a lot

Old 10-29-2007, 11:03 PM
R0oster31
Veteran

Well if you don't go out and party all the time you will probably save a decent amount of money, alcohol isn't cheap, so that could bring you closer to that cummins. I know the feeling about a tough major, I was Mechanical Engineering and on average I did more homework in a night than my roommate's major (Systems Engineering) gave in a semester and I wasn't a striver, just wanted to get a degree and get on with life. Hang in there, you'll get through.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:52 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Do not underestimate
how important good undisturbed sleep is
and how lack of good sleep
can make you
"go a bit crazy"

Even if you go to bed early
and try to sleep late
in dorms
there will be noise all night
that may not entirely wake you up
but will ruin the 'quality' of your sleep.

Any alcohol after 3pm will also totally kill sleep quality
even if it makes you feel sleepy.

Before making any big decisions that may be life-long mistakes
consider going to a quiet motel
and getting 2-3 nights of good undisturbed sleep.
It is one of the few things running up a credit card bill is worth.

It sounds strange
but if there is a nearby church
go there in the afternoon and nap in a pew.

Your female classmates complaining of the "Freshman 15 lbs" of weight gain
are most probably gaining this weight because of poor sleep quality.

Poor sleep quality can make you crazy:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1022124729.htm

Poor sleep quality can hurt your grades:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0613071200.htm

Quick Reply: What to do(OT-College stuff)