Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

What to do(OT-College stuff)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 07:17 AM
ds06
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What to do(OT-College stuff)

thanks for your input guys...got a statics test tomorrow so i'll need some well wishes. I just hope i pull my cumulitive gpa up this semester so i can run the next 2.5 years and get on with life.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:11 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

man, didnt get to all the post, but all i got to say, is get as much education as you can! I am only 18, although I am going to Appalachian State University next year, and want to continue on from there to some more advanced college! good luck on your test and getting you GPA up!

Old 10-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Take this from a guy who thought he didn't need college after highschool

STAY IN SCHOOL !!!

Oh - and NEVER move outta your parents house !! Worst thing I ever did. I miss my home cooked meals and my clean clothes.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:13 PM
ds06
Professional

no, i know i need to stay in school. It's just particularly one roommate is REALLY getting on my nerves. But i will say that you'll have to twist my arm to get me back into a dorm. I've been talkin to a kid in one of my classes and we just need to find someone else to live with and we'll be set for next year. I just have to stick it out for the rest of the school year....that should be fun

Old 10-30-2007, 02:17 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

that would be sweet man, my sophmore year i plan to be out of a dorm into an appartment!

Old 10-30-2007, 02:22 PM
ds06
Professional

just be careful who you live with. If you feel any tension with anyone you're gonna live with...it'll get magnified, take it from experience.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:23 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

haha alright man thanks for the advice! i hopenone of that crap happens to me man...

Old 11-04-2007, 05:54 PM
beachmstr

Man you gotta stay at VT. I came home for the GF and regretted it ever since. I have since graduated and had my fair share of fights with roomies but everyone gets through it. Man thing is to set guidelines and boundaries. Your room is your space so stay the hell out. Once you get that degree it will be all worth it. Summer classes are smart. Take the hardest ones you can because although they are hard its easier in the summer.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:24 PM
ds06
Professional

well, lil more of an update...had my statics test last wed. After that my grade right now is 34%...yea, a 34 I think i'm gonna need to drop this class. I still need to talk to my advisor, but....who knows anymore. Man, college makes you feel so stupid!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Little Foot
Veteran

dude, I had a class like this a few semesters ago. Since you are already past the withdraw for a refund, consider this. I talked to the instructor told him thatI wished to continue with the class, but didn't want to take the final to view the material for next semester. Ask him if he would give you a withdraw while passing in exchange for you taking the class in the spring from him. Most instructors will allow this. Good luck .

Quick Reply: What to do(OT-College stuff)