Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Truck problem picking up NEW TOY...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 12:57 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck problem picking up NEW TOY...

Well to start off i have to show my new toy..... its a 2003 honda VTX 1300 and i had to drive a 10 hour round trip yesterday to pick it up in athens ohio from detroit michigan where i am at. i am coming from a 750 so this bike and its power is SWEEET! (might be better than mayfairs harley) i have a picture to add and then i go go into the problem w/ the truck...
Name:  other038.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  194.9 KB

so i was driving home and was about 2 hours into the trip back and i had cruise control on going about 72ish. the truck started to act funny and i was hoping it was just bumps in the road but then it seemed like it wasnt getting fuel or somthing. it started to get worse and worse and alls i was thinking about was not being able to get home[:@] i dont know how to really explain what happened but it seemed like either the trans was slipping or it wasnt getting fuel. i thought it could of been water in the fuel so i stopped and drained a little bit and it seems to run better with only slight hints of the drag it was doing so im not sure if that was the main problem or not but i do have a light on and i took a picture to better explain....
Name:  other041.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  65.6 KB

the manual says it could be a minor problom but service should be seeked soon and that if it started blinking it ment failure of engine was sure to happen soon... i havent seen it blink yet. now my guess is its either water in the fuel/ bad fuel, or something to do with the quadzilla ZXT i put in a week ago but i drove along time without any problems for it to be the module?!?!

OH YEA...... almost forgot the codes that my truck gives me...

P 0237

P 0192

Anyone had anything like this happen or know what these codes mean??

Old 10-28-2007, 12:59 PM
sharx ram
Champion
Default RE: Truck problem picking up NEW TOY...

Do a search for the Dodge codes and you can find any of them you need

Old 10-28-2007, 01:10 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

P0192 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Low

P0237 Turbocharger Boost Pressure Sensor Low

i did a search on this site and found a posting by drew... THANKS DREW!

is it just me or do those 2 codes sound really bad[:-]??

its got to be the module right? i have noticed a gain in performance but on my gauges i use to get up to 32 psi of boost and now i cant get past 27... i think im gonna go unplug it[sm=escape.gif]

Old 10-28-2007, 01:18 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

hmm... that doesnt sound good..... maybe theres a leak in the system somewhere or a bad pump..... but then again i could be horribly wrong and just stick to talking gasoline

Old 10-28-2007, 01:26 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

lol, the only diffrence between me and you is our engines alls i know how to do it put fuel in her and change the oil and a few filters.... so for all i know there could be a unicorn poking holes in my exhaust pipe right now as we speak but i do hope its just the module, ill have to take it out and see if the codes clear.... ill write back tonight...

Old 10-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

Im guessin the truck is out of warranty?? its cheaper and easier nick

Old 10-28-2007, 01:35 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

My truck threw codes once ... mine blew white smoke until the engine warmed up. My codes were: P0191 & P2509. The P0191 is fuel related like yours.

I never really did figure it out ... but I dilluted the remaing fuel in the tank, by adding fresh fuel. Then I changed the fuel filter and the codes went away as well as the white smoke. Maybe you got some bad fuel somewhere.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:09 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Take the XZT and its whole harness off and try it out. If it runs better drive it for a day or two and the light will go away. When you go to put it back on use some dielectric grease on the pulgs for the harness and all will be well.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:31 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

alright, well i disconnected the XZT and it took a few diffrent start ups and trips but the light is now gone i will have to try the dielectric grease when i find time this week to get some and hopfully that fix's it. if not i guess ill have to try to contact quadzilla and see what they can put into my open hands[:-] thanks for the help guys!

Old 10-28-2007, 09:00 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Scary isn't it, when that happened? Mine did the same thing, two different but related codes. After I used the dielectric grease it is running fine. BTW, Quad tech support recommended the grease to me.You can get the grease at any auto parts store. Also the light will go out but the codes remain in your ECM. You might want to get them cleared before going for any warranty work. I took my truck in for some pay service and then asked the tech to clear them for me. He was cool about it and they are gone now.

Quick Reply: Truck problem picking up NEW TOY...