Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

ot......lets not forget our military personel!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007 | 10:52 AM
usafr
All Star
Default RE: ot......lets not forget our military personel!!!

We all have our reasons,, whats important is that we did it. Although,, my love for kicking ppl's asses, shooting, watching things go "BOOM",,, has at times made me wish I had joined the Marines. As my brother-in-law says,, there are Marines, and those that wish they had joined,,, or something like silly like that.

Old 11-07-2007 | 10:52 AM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

I went between the different recuriters when I was joining up and it all came down to one thing....

Navy - - if the boat breaks down I gotta swim...hmmm that could be bad
AF -- if the plane breaks down well ya'll know where that ends
MC --they use the Nave so see point 1
Army -- if my truck breaks down I can WALK --I liked the sound of that one best

Old 11-07-2007 | 10:57 AM
usafr
All Star

Army, Navy, Marine Corps,,,,,, okay okay, Coast Guard too: Officers prepare the soldiers and say "okay, go fight"

Air Force: enlisted personell prepare the planes and say to the officers,, "okay, go fight"

I kinda like that one.

Old 11-07-2007 | 10:59 AM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

I don't know what Army you have played w/ but the one I was in the Officers sat in the rear w/ the gear (except maybe a couple cool LT's) the NCO's run the Army (thank god)

Old 11-07-2007 | 11:07 AM
Drew
Professional

dont forget the Warrant Officer Corps for the Army. . .I'm not talking about the one that fly the helicopters but the technical advisors. . .

one of these day's I'll be there

Old 11-07-2007 | 11:11 AM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

Man I had this CW2 -- he could re-config a router in his sleep but the man got lost in a paper bag We were at NTC making a midnight run to one of out BN sites. He had a MAP, a PLUGER, and a COMPAS and he still had me running in circles....when we pulled up on the OC's having a little midnight BBQ I told him to hush and just let me drive.

Old 11-07-2007 | 11:55 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Though you guy's might dig this ...

LETTER FROM A FARM KID,
(NOW AT San Diego MARINE CORPS RECRUIT TRAINING.)

Dear Ma and Pa,
I am well. Hope you are.Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the Marine Corps beats working for old man Minch by a mile. Tell them to join up quick before all of the places are filled.

I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 6 A.M. But I am getting so I like to sleep late.
Tell Walt and Elmer all you do before breakfast is smooth your cot, and shine some things.
No hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay.
Practically nothing.
Men got to shave but it is not so bad,there's warm water.
Breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc., but kind of weak on chops, potatoes, ham, steak, fried eggplant, pie and other regular food,
But tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit by the two city boys that live on coffee.
Their food plus yours holds you till noon when you get fed again
It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much. We go on "route marches," which the platoon sergeant says are long walks to harden us.
If he thinks so, it's not my place to tell him different.
A "route march" is about as far as to our mailbox at home.
Then the city guys get sore feet and we all ride back in trucks.
The country is nice but awful flat The sergeant is like a school teacher.
He nags a lot.
The Captain is like the school board.
Majors and colonels just ride around and frown. They don't bother you none.
This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing. I keep getting medals for shooting.
I don't know why.
The bulls-eye is near as big as a chipmunk head and don't move, and it ain't shooting at you like the Higgett boys at home.
All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it.
You don't even load your own cartridges.
They come in boxes.

Then we have what they call hand-to-hand combat training.

You get to wrestle with them city boys.
I have to be real careful though, they break real easy.
It ain't like fighting with that ole bull at home.
I'm about the best they got in this except for that Tug Jordan from over in Silver Lake.
I only beat him once.
He joined up the same time as me, but I'm only 5'6" and 130 pounds and he's 6'8" and near 300 pounds dry.

Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellers get onto this setup and come stampeding in.

Your loving daughter,
Carol.

Old 11-07-2007 | 12:10 PM
cujo
Captain

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Though you guy's might dig this ...

LETTER FROM A FARM KID,
(NOW AT San Diego MARINE CORPS RECRUIT TRAINING.)

Dear Ma and Pa,
I am well. Hope you are.Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the Marine Corps beats working for old man Minch by a mile. Tell them to join up quick before all of the places are filled.

I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 6 A.M. But I am getting so I like to sleep late.
Tell Walt and Elmer all you do before breakfast is smooth your cot, and shine some things.
No hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay.
Practically nothing.
Men got to shave but it is not so bad,there's warm water.
Breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc., but kind of weak on chops, potatoes, ham, steak, fried eggplant, pie and other regular food,
But tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit by the two city boys that live on coffee.
Their food plus yours holds you till noon when you get fed again
It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much. We go on "route marches," which the platoon sergeant says are long walks to harden us.
If he thinks so, it's not my place to tell him different.
A "route march" is about as far as to our mailbox at home.
Then the city guys get sore feet and we all ride back in trucks.
The country is nice but awful flat The sergeant is like a school teacher.
He nags a lot.
The Captain is like the school board.
Majors and colonels just ride around and frown. They don't bother you none.
This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing. I keep getting medals for shooting.
I don't know why.
The bulls-eye is near as big as a chipmunk head and don't move, and it ain't shooting at you like the Higgett boys at home.
All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it.
You don't even load your own cartridges.
They come in boxes.

Then we have what they call hand-to-hand combat training.

You get to wrestle with them city boys.
I have to be real careful though, they break real easy.
It ain't like fighting with that ole bull at home.
I'm about the best they got in this except for that Tug Jordan from over in Silver Lake.
I only beat him once.
He joined up the same time as me, but I'm only 5'6" and 130 pounds and he's 6'8" and near 300 pounds dry.

Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellers get onto this setup and come stampeding in.

Your loving daughter,
Carol.
It becomes real funny at the last two lines. Lilfroger your first name isn't Carol is it?

Old 11-07-2007 | 12:31 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: cujo

It becomes real funny at the last two lines. Lilfroger your first name isn't Carol is it?
Cute cujo thanks! I told ya'll the MC is for whoosies OK any jarheads lets have it...

Old 11-07-2007 | 02:53 PM
usafr
All Star

[8D] LMAO, that was too funny,, especially the last couple lines. That really is how it was when I was in BMT. I had a guy from New York tell everyone about how bad he was with a gun,,,,, he would hold it sideways,,,,,,,,, yeah, what an idiot. On the range, he was next to me,, we both fired 3 shots, my target had 6 holes in it. Needless to say, he didn't qualify with his weapon. The bad thing is that AF boot camp is like summer camp,,,, guys were still complaining and falling out,, I thought most of it was funny.

Quick Reply: ot......lets not forget our military personel!!!