Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

DAMN THIEVES

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DAMN THIEVES

It's funny, it seems to be the suburban areas that get hit with vandalism more so than the city. I've been very fortunate to have never been bothered, however an ex of mine had her car stolen from right in front of my house.

Sucks ...

Old 11-09-2007, 01:21 PM
BTCRUZ
Professional

1993, Columbia, MD. My new Kawasaki ZX-7 (that I purchased with my reenlistment bonus), with all of 2369 miles on it, vanished. I even had an alarm system that would set off a small beeper I carried if tampered with. I was awake, in my apartment when it happened and the beeper never went off. The perps had obviously cased the bike for some time and new about the alarm, etc, etc.

After calling the police and filing the report, I got in my Blazer, with my Remington 870 pump 12 ga. and 20" barrel and went cruising theneighborhood. Never found the bike though, or the perps. I did get a call from the police in 1995 (shortly aftergetting stationed in Texas)...they found my bike...well, the frame to my bike in a ditch with about 15 others.

Ultimately I actually came out ahead as the price for that bike had jumped quite a bit starting the following year. I ended up getting paid by the insurance company more than I originally paid for the bike, but still, it was a bad experiennce. I felt violated somehow.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:18 PM
SinCity R/T
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vandalizing cars seems to be a new trend... About a week ago here in Las Vegas someone vandalized 27 cars in one neighborhood - smashed the windows, etc.but didn't seem to be theft-related.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:49 PM
sharx ram
Champion

People have no respect for other stuff, wait till they have to get a job and start paying for thier own things and then we will see how well they like it.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:23 PM
billyho41
Rookie

I am born and raised here in Orange County and I used to love it but am growing very tired of what's happening here. I think the wife and I will probably look to move out of state once my daughter goes to college (she is only 10) but her life is here and heck at that time my house will probably be worth 2 million so maybe I can buy arkansas or something haha.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

i had my window busted out once while my truck was parked right in front of my house,,,it was only the drivers window and they didnt even break in cuz the glass hadnt been cleared from the window, they just drove up and smashed it...and then a few weeks later some one took a **** on my hood...since 2003 me and my dads trucks have been egged over 10 times combined, so we got surveillance cameras now...and theyve paid off too, i walked outside a few months ago to put my trailer hitch on my old truck, and saw my dads (at the time) brand new still with dealer tags 2007 4x4 hemi with eggs all over it. so we watched the video, called the cops and when the officer saw the video he immediately recognized the vehicle as one that had been called on the night before for causing trouble at the mcdonalds parking lot. it was some 19 year old girl from a nearby town out celebrating her birthday with her 13 year old brother and one of his friends...i hope she got a lot of money for her birthday too, she'll need it to pay the $500 ticket she got for criminal mischief

Old 11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
beachmstr

Kids can be dumb. Usually means theres not enough for them to do in the town. I live in a pretty boring town and my buddies we're always doing stuff like that.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Kids these days,, geez

Old 11-11-2007, 08:15 PM
usafr
All Star

I worked with a guy in Florida who actually sat on his porch in the dark and watched a neighborhood punk break into his truck and steal his radio. He beat the guy with a 2x4 so bad that he will be slightly off, mentally, for the rest of his life. The cops didn't even arrest him. They said the man had a right to protect his property and family.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:18 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Who was it that caught the burglar and beat the cr@p out of him, then took a picture of him and posted it here? Was it this forum or do I have it confused with another one? Anyway, just post that picture in your window, could be a good deterrent.

Quick Reply: DAMN THIEVES