Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT NEW CRAWLER :-)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 09:20 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT NEW CRAWLER :-)

Well, we found a bad *** deal we couldnt pass up, so my buddy lent me the cash to go pick up this 85 solid axle 22RE EFI motor 4runner. It has '63 chevy leafs, 37 goodyear wranglers, and everytihng else is stock insept hand throtle!

Here is this weeks list of goodies:
1. EXO CAGE
2. Welded front and rear (maybe detroits)
3. Double Stick T-Case
4. Warn Winch
5. Replace the timing chain.
6. New BFG Crawlers
7. NEw Exhaust
8. 5 Point Harness'
9. Half Doors
10. New Steering Set up.

will try and get pics up...it wont let me right now cuz they are BMPs...

Old 11-18-2007, 10:12 PM
sharx ram
Champion
Default RE: OT NEW CRAWLER :-)

Deffinately post pics...Im dieing to see this thing...Gawd I miss mine

Old 11-18-2007, 10:15 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Hey Sharx, I was talking to someone at work that knew you from your rock crwaling days, said that he was there when you had the little accident. He even confirmed that you never used a spot. Said your buddy Chris was your right hand man. also said that a lot of shops were goign to build you another Crawler but that project lost momentum. You going back?

Old 11-18-2007, 10:19 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

i will..it will be a cheap build...5 grand at max.....just want something to raise some hell in and will go..which is a toyota for ya...

u need to build another...they are too fun!

Old 11-18-2007, 10:29 PM
sharx ram
Champion

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo

Hey Sharx, I was talking to someone at work that knew you from your rock crwaling days, said that he was there when you had the little accident. He even confirmed that you never used a spot. Said your buddy Chris was your right hand man. also said that a lot of shops were goign to build you another Crawler but that project lost momentum. You going back?
No I told the shop that was building it to sell everything off, the wife cant deal with me doing it again so I told her Id give it up. But what the hell Ive always wanted to ride in a helicopter anyway...to bad I dont remember it. hehehe Who were you talking with? And which accident did he witness..."the accident" or one of the other trips onto its roof. It lost momentum due to how long it took me to recover, but the 4 wheel drive community really came together for me and the family. I could never thank them enough. And if I had it my way Id get right back into it.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:52 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

It was "THE ACCIDENT" Names can not be revealed. his name is Jason big fat guy about 450 pounds. he said the accident was herrendous and that he has never seen anything like it and no one expected someone to be alive in the vehicle.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:00 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Thats what theyve told me, thank gawd for the cage I had in it.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:54 AM
sharx ram
Champion

Dont forget to send pics brotha

Old 11-19-2007, 08:32 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

Will today for sure! gotta get some at the shop!!....

if u feel like telling the story..PM me or something man...had the same thing but with dirt bikes happen to my lil bro in may of 05...spent 4 month in coma..

Old 11-19-2007, 09:49 AM
sharx ram
Champion

One of the Jeep clubs I was a member of did an annuaul Crown King run, I was always there...it had rained the entire week before the run and the rain run off washed out the one and only man hole on a dirt road coming down the mountain and left the concrete sleeve and lid standing 26" above ground. I came around the corner and it caught the front axle of my Jeep caterpolting me 60' onto my lid. The passenger side racing harness tried going through the windshield but when it hit the end of its elacticity it shot back and tore my ear off, I had a right front brain bleed from hitting the steering wheel, a left rear brain bleed from hitting the cage when I landed going the opposite direction. I bruised my heart so bad they had to install a central line to my heart in case it freaked out. They told my wife that if my if the pressure on my brain had gotten any higher they would have installed a shunt to relieve the pressure. I was in a coma for a week and in the rehab center for 30 days, they wouldnt let me drive or work for a year...I had to sit around a house I did not remember, and I built it! But on a lighter side,you could hardly tell my Jeep had ever been in an accident. Me on the other hand...well thats a differant story.

Quick Reply: OT NEW CRAWLER :-)