Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Sugjestions for mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 11:16 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sugjestions for mods

I want to replace the front grill and the tailights but having trouble deciding what to go with.
For the grill, I like the Double weave mesh style but have yet to see one on a truck. I also like the "Flame" grill but I'm scared it will block too much airflow.
I would love a set of Smoke tailights but can't find them in the '07 shape. I found plenty in the old style but nothing that keeps the shape of the 07' tailights.
Also looking to replace the third brake light with a smoked LED. Any recomendations on what to stay away from with this one?

Old 11-19-2007, 02:20 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: Sugjestions for mods

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

I want to replace the front grill and the tailights but having trouble deciding what to go with.
For the grill, I like the Double weave mesh style but have yet to see one on a truck. I also like the "Flame" grill but I'm scared it will block too much airflow.
I would love a set of Smoke tailights but can't find them in the '07 shape. I found plenty in the old style but nothing that keeps the shape of the 07' tailights.
Also looking to replace the third brake light with a smoked LED. Any recomendations on what to stay away from with this one?
here's your dual weave grill....

I don't think anyone makes smoked headlight that are an exact replacement. There is a post somewhere someone did to do it yourself. I'll see if I can find it. This place is about the best stuff out there for what you're looking to do.... RECON

Old 11-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Not what you're looking for, but order a catalog from these guy's anyway. They've got some really cool stuff

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/de/t.asp

Old 11-19-2007, 03:03 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

That is one BAD *** Truck you got there!!!
Ok I now am looking for your hood and the mesh insert!!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 03:14 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

That is one BAD *** Truck you got there!!!
Ok I now am looking for your hood and the mesh insert!!!!
The hood you can buy from the dealer.. it's a SRT-10 hood. It can come unpainted or paint. This is another place to get it from.... RamAirHood
Their prices have gone up a good bit so you may want to look around. They have a lot of other hoods but, the factory SRT hood is metal, the rest are fiberglass.

Can't help you on the insert. I had it custom made from the same material as the grill. I had 5 made and that all there is. The other 4 sold.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Hauler6
Rookie

Any body shop should be able to "smoke" the tail lights. I cant think of the part numbers for the paint right now, but if you had a spray gun or know someone you can do it yourself.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:28 PM
triton
Record Breaker

here's the write up for the DIY Nightrunner headlights

Old 11-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

I'm gonna go with RECON tails and 3rd brake lights as well as the cab lights all smoked out, should look good on the black truck...if anyone has pics of um on a black truck with smoked lens post um so I can check um out plz....

Where did you find that double mesh grill? looks sweet

Quick Reply: Sugjestions for mods