Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

POLL: who here uses a Smarty ? and/or would you like too ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:45 PM
beachmstr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLL: who here uses a Smarty ? and/or would you like too ?

Solid decision Steve. It would be no fun to have the Smarty and not be able to use it becuase the truc is broke[:@]

Old 11-28-2007, 08:58 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

PM sent..i am most likely going to get one but have to get a few questions answer about tearing up me truck!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:49 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Santa or was it Satan, visited my house while I was at work today. He left me a Brand Spankin New SMARTY on my door step!!!!!
Needless to say, I just had to go try it out right away.
HOLY JESUS!! I now have JET power!! That thing rocks! I set it on level 5 just to see what it would do and man it adds some damn good power to the truck. I stomped on it at 30mph and the tires were trying to break loose but I was scared to romp on it from a dead stop with my stock tranny just yet. I went a few miles, stoped and downloaded level 3 then came back home. I really couldn't tell that much difference between the 60 and 90 HP settings.
My truck now is able to below out thick clouds of beutifull black smoke and I made sure to send up as many huge puffs as I could on the short drive home. Well they looked huge to me, it was dark so I'll have to see what it looks like in the daylight. It was enough that it completely blacked out the headlights behind me though.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! MMUUUUUAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAA[sm=lildevil.gif][sm=lildevil.gif][sm=lildevil.gif]

Old 11-28-2007, 10:02 PM
triton
Record Breaker

glad you got it so quick and that you like it. Apparently, I'm known to lead people astray LOL ![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Be careful with the tranny though. Even laying into it going 30mph is gonna try and make the TQ slip not just from a stand still. It's hard to not use what's there but, be ready to put some cash into the trans if you really want to use all the power.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:40 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

I think I'll leave it on level #3 for now and see how it goes. I was surprised at the amount of smoke it puts out even at 60hp.
You can tell the difference in the idle and sound of the engine too.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:32 AM
beachmstr

Well I got two xmas gifts today. I got my S&B Intake and my Smarty while i was at work today to. I told the boss and he let me go home early which I thought was great. Unfortunately, by the time I got my intake installed I had all of 5 mins to get changed to get to a birthday dinner for my cousin so I wasn't able to load up the smarty. I did it when I got home but I haven't been able to go for a test drive yet. Tomorrow on my way to work will be fun. I set it up on level 3 and will leave it there for a while.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:30 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Update: Hey Aero, here is my fuel milage #'s you are waiting on. This is as accurate as I can figure and was based on only 1/3 of a tank usage. It looks like about the same as I was getting on my stock tires. About 15-16 mpg. This is 75% city driveing and 25% highway. But even the highway miles were somewhat congested most of the time so you might as well consider it all city driving. Those #'s are on par with what I was getting with stock. They could be better but I have a heavy foot sometimes

Also want to Update you on the Smarty, I LOVE IT!! And what I saw on the way to work this morning blew me away! Last night I used the smarty to correct my speedo to the right tire size and checked it with the GPS and it is Right On ! So this morning, I have smarty on level 3 (60 hp with timing) and I reset the overhead Lie-o-meter. Well usually the lie-o-meter tells me I am doing around 17 mpg at around 80 mph on the highway. Well I drove a 6 mile stretch of highway this morning @ 85 mph and the lie-o-meter says I am getting 21.5 mpg.
I am hoping that it is a combo of the 35" tires and the fact that there is more power now at a lower RPM and they are not lugging now. I will know more when I get thru this tank of fuel. But damn!! If I picked up 4 mpg with the Smarty, that was worth the money alone!

Old 11-29-2007, 09:30 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

You guys MADE ME DO IT! I had to get one...hopefully ill have it soon so I can play this weekend

hopefully i dont tear anything up before I have to drive to my dads in Maine for Christmas break...

lets see how much smoke will roll out with the edge and smart working as a team!

Old 11-29-2007, 09:38 AM
cujo
Captain

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

Update: Hey Aero, here is my fuel milage #'s you are waiting on. This is as accurate as I can figure and was based on only 1/3 of a tank usage. It looks like about the same as I was getting on my stock tires. About 15-16 mpg. This is 75% city driveing and 25% highway. But even the highway miles were somewhat congested most of the time so you might as well consider it all city driving. Those #'s are on par with what I was getting with stock. They could be better but I have a heavy foot sometimes

Also want to Update you on the Smarty, I LOVE IT!! And what I saw on the way to work this morning blew me away! Last night I used the smarty to correct my speedo to the right tire size and checked it with the GPS and it is Right On ! So this morning, I have smarty on level 3 (60 hp with timing) and I reset the overhead Lie-o-meter. Well usually the lie-o-meter tells me I am doing around 17 mpg at around 80 mph on the highway. Well I drove a 6 mile stretch of highway this morning @ 85 mph and the lie-o-meter says I am getting 21.5 mpg.
I am hoping that it is a combo of the 35" tires and the fact that there is more power now at a lower RPM and they are not lugging now. I will know more when I get thru this tank of fuel. But damn!! If I picked up 4 mpg with the Smarty, that was worth the money alone!
I think I remember reading on another post that with a programmer the lie-o-meter would read higher. But I'm really curious as to what you pick up mpg wise. If you can keep your foot out of it.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:46 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: NCcummins

You guys MADE ME DO IT! I had to get one...hopefully ill have it soon so I can play this weekend

hopefully i dont tear anything up before I have to drive to my dads in Maine for Christmas break...

lets see how much smoke will roll out with the edge and smart working as a team!

stop by on your trip!!

Quick Reply: POLL: who here uses a Smarty ? and/or would you like too ?