Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

POLL: who here uses a Smarty ? and/or would you like too ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Aero Ram
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLL: who here uses a Smarty ? and/or would you like too ?

Buzzy glad to hear everythings just dandy over in sweet ol texas, can't wait till the 15 so I call enjoy that 19 hour cruise up to the OK panhandle! and I'm about to buy that damn smarty just so you won't get another 1up on me, but the bumper....the tires the flares! I need to figure out this wish list disaster!

Good to hear it seems to be helpin you mpg but it is the lie-o-meter afterall, run a good tank through er and hand calc thats the only way to be sure, don't worry about punchin it anyway I play with ricers enough as it is (with good results ) so the smarty will just make it worse....lol I'm still waitin on this test Triton and Parts/Service are gonna do, but not sure why know I'm gonna buy it eventually...Just got off work going to bed! Laterz

Old 11-29-2007, 10:48 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Aero Ram

I'm still waitin on this test Triton and Parts/Service are gonna do, but not sure why know I'm gonna buy it eventually...Just got off work going to bed! Laterz
If you didn't see what I wrote about this test at another dealer, here it is... I drove to the dealer I bought my truck from on the smarty. In their parking lot, I returned the truck to stock. I went in and told them I had a programmer on it and in fact I still had the TST installed in the enigine compartment.

They hooked up the Starscan and I asked if they would look to see if they could tell I had anything installed on the truck. The smarty is what I was looking for since the TST isn't ECM connected. Well, they didn't see a thing. There was one code that came up which was a ABS code because of my 37's. They cleared it and said as far as they could see, it all looked good and they were no programmers installed.

You really have to understand though that this is on your basic trip to the dealer. If you have some serious problems they're going to dig deeper. If this happens... it's very likely they will find some parameters have changed or something that's not what they're used to seeing. If your looking at a blown turbo, bad injectors, blown head gasket, fried trans.... they going to find out why that stuff happen... regardless. If there's any chance the figure out it was a progrmmer.... you're on your own.

By using any aftermarket performance electronics, mechanics or what ever.... you're taking your warranty into your own hands, period.
If that brothers you or anyone... don't do a thing ! At 100K on the engine, it's a long wait for that warranty to be over though and you'll be missing out on all the fun [sm=shades.gif]

Old 11-29-2007, 10:49 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: Aero Ram

Buzzy glad to hear everythings just dandy over in sweet ol texas, can't wait till the 15 so I call enjoy that 19 hour cruise up to the OK panhandle! and I'm about to buy that damn smarty just so you won't get another 1up on me, but the bumper....the tires the flares! I need to figure out this wish list disaster!

Good to hear it seems to be helpin you mpg but it is the lie-o-meter afterall, run a good tank through er and hand calc thats the only way to be sure, don't worry about punchin it anyway I play with ricers enough as it is (with good results ) so the smarty will just make it worse....lol I'm still waitin on this test Triton and Parts/Service are gonna do, but not sure why know I'm gonna buy it eventually...Just got off work going to bed! Laterz
You should leave on the 14th. ! I built a full blown Ice House/Saloon at my house. Complete with 1000 watt sound system, New Pool Table, 10' Bamboo Bar and Barstools, New carpet, Neon Beer Signs and lighting. Actually I converted my covered Patio into a bar. So it's open to the outside deck. It measures 32' x 27' , plenty of room.
Anywho..........We are having a X-mas party here on the 15th. You are more than welcome to come. And You can take the Smarty out Sunday while I stay in bed hung over all day
I'll get some pictures up Tonight of the bar. BTW it is very common to see uncovered ******* walking around here. In fact things get pretty wild here at most of the parties we have. We except that time when all the guys though it would be cool for everyone to get naked???? I won't tell ya how that night ended[sm=partyparty.gif][sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 11-30-2007, 12:16 AM
beachmstr

Buzzy are you getting a bunch of smoke? Maybe I have yet to get on it to hard since I have a 6 speed and it have to constantly shift but I don't get much more than I used to. And its not any darker. I filled my tank tonight and I'll have to drive a couple hundred miles this weekend so I'll have a better report to give. But so far I like it. I don't have to push the skinny pedal so hard to get to the same speed.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:22 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

What level do you have it on? I have mine on level 3 right now and get quite a bit of smoke when I step on it. On level 5 it was twice as much. And my stock setup never smoked at all that I could ever see.
The odd numbered levels are with added timeing and they say give better fuel milage and more smoke.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:40 AM
beachmstr

I've got it set on 5 right now. I jumped on it pretty good on the freeway today went from about 60 to 100 in no time. I'll keep my eye on it over the next several days and see what happens. Thanks. I don't care so much about the smoke becuase if I'm not smoking that means I'm burning that fuel.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:04 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

mine will be in Monday...can't wait!

Old 11-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Methos
Veteran

Is the smarty capable of also enabling the high idle feature (after grounding the proper ecm pin, of course)? Didn't see any mention of it thumbing through the documents for it.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
cujo
Captain

ORIGINAL: Methos

Is the smarty capable of also enabling the high idle feature (after grounding the proper ecm pin, of course)? Didn't see any mention of it thumbing through the documents for it.

I remember reading somewhere that it did, along with being able to adjust speedo for tire size.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Methos
Veteran

Yeah cujo, I swear I saw somewhere that it did too. Didn't see it mentioned in the manual though so thought we'd see if someone could confirm.

I swear this is a disease.... I just picked up a superchips a couple months back and now I'm thinking about selling that to try a smarty.

Quick Reply: POLL: who here uses a Smarty ? and/or would you like too ?