Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

POLL: who here uses a Smarty ? and/or would you like too ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:01 AM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLL: who here uses a Smarty ? and/or would you like too ?

I'm posting this here cause maybe some of you guys have your email notification on[sm=lildevil.gif] I'm one Cummins in the mist of some really nice Ford's over at Diesel Garage TOTM. If anyone is a member there... feel free to quietly jump in and help a brotha out.[sm=icon_sneaky.gif]

Old 12-01-2007, 12:16 AM
beachmstr

im attempting to get in there but i apparently need 25 posts so I am trying to get there.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:26 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

Update: Hey Aero, here is my fuel milage #'s you are waiting on. This is as accurate as I can figure and was based on only 1/3 of a tank usage. It looks like about the same as I was getting on my stock tires. About 15-16 mpg. This is 75% city driveing and 25% highway. But even the highway miles were somewhat congested most of the time so you might as well consider it all city driving. Those #'s are on par with what I was getting with stock. They could be better but I have a heavy foot sometimes

Also want to Update you on the Smarty, I LOVE IT!! And what I saw on the way to work this morning blew me away! Last night I used the smarty to correct my speedo to the right tire size and checked it with the GPS and it is Right On ! So this morning, I have smarty on level 3 (60 hp with timing) and I reset the overhead Lie-o-meter. Well usually the lie-o-meter tells me I am doing around 17 mpg at around 80 mph on the highway. Well I drove a 6 mile stretch of highway this morning @ 85 mph and the lie-o-meter says I am getting 21.5 mpg.
I am hoping that it is a combo of the 35" tires and the fact that there is more power now at a lower RPM and they are not lugging now. I will know more when I get thru this tank of fuel. But damn!! If I picked up 4 mpg with the Smarty, that was worth the money alone!
Not sure about the programmers & the lie-o-meter but with the boxes in between the pcm & motor, the pcm wont know about the extra fuel being used so it'll jack up the #'s on you. Mine is consistantly 5 mpg off unless I'm 100% stock, then it's only about 3 [&:]

Old 12-01-2007, 05:56 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

I last saw this thread when it was one page lol. That guy saying you only need 100 extra HP get the jr you won't be dissappointed. I'm in your shoes. A sr would be fun but I really don't need that much and definitly don't have the mods to handle it. You have a manual translike mejust use some common sense and your clutch will be fine on sw5 performance. I need to get my egt gauge in though to be safe. I have a boost gauge too but am waiting on installingthat one until I fab up a dual pod a pillar. Can anyone tell me is that a bad idea running without a boost guage or will it be ok for a little while? My way of thinking is egts would be the most important thing to keep a close eye on.. boost is nice but not really necessary??

Old 12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm hopeing on talking the wife into letting me choose out my own x-mas gift. . .but it is looking less and less of a chance right now. . .I was cooking dinner and the stove crapped out on me. . .5 min redneck rigging with some duck tape and it's working. . .but not for long[:@]

Old 12-03-2007, 09:30 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

alright...well my truck offically grew a bigger pair of ***** tonight around 8pm....got home from Tritons after he showed me about the smarty and i picked mine up.....downloaded it on 5, roated the tires off with the edge on STOCK....put it on 9, and turned the edge to 5, threw me back into my seat and never saw my EGTS over 1200 on the innerstate or anywhere, glad to see that....truck goes in the shop thursday for a suncoast torque converter thank god.....all i have to say, is f or the money I spent that is the best thing I have eveer bought for my truck, and if you DONT HAVE ONE!, GO GETTTTT ONE NOW!!!! they are sweeeet and o yeah, with the edge and smarty....lets just say theres more smoke then I can handle!! its great!1

thanks ty!

chris. . I edited that cause the price does not need to be displayed. . .PM triton for pricing.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

sorry bout the drew and triton...forgot about all the legal crazyness...haha..thanks though for doing that!

Old 12-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no prob bro. . .just keeping the powers that be happy

Old 12-03-2007, 10:25 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

haha o yeah i understand how that goes!

hey i think im gunn dyno the truck next week finally..see what it can acually do!

Old 12-04-2007, 12:07 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

make that puppy get some black chrome stacks!!!! blow that soot up!!!

Quick Reply: POLL: who here uses a Smarty ? and/or would you like too ?