Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

just ordered

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Joel_MD
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just ordered

I have a 6.7L and love it. It just turned 8,000 miles today. Most of my driving is a 28-mile drive (each way) to work, which is mostly highway. I got about 13 MPG when it was new, and has gradually increased to 15-16 MPG lately.

Some of the other6.7L ownershave complained about issues related to the turbo and emissions equipment. I have had a couple of times when the 'check engine' light came on and it threw some codes related to the turbo, but it went away on its own and haven't seen that problem for months.

And for heaven's sake, contact DevilsReject with an e-mail or PM and ask him to remove the 'g' from your login name. Otherwise you will suffer credibility problems within the ranks of these grizzled Cummins motorheads!

Old 11-26-2007, 02:50 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Tommygunz

Frogger, where did you get your jake for that rig? Did it come installed or dealership option. It was my understanding they only come standard on 6.7's? Also need a pic of your jeep too....
no the Jake wasn't a standard / dealer option...it was a driveway improvement got a friend who does some business w/ them there Jacobs Brake company and just happened to be able to get me umm a good price on it

pic of the jeep...come on now don't make me do that...it's it bad enough I drive it???? I don't see you driving the Jeep...I'll make you a deal...you show PROOF that you drove the Jeep everyday for a month (and I don't mean to the mailbox and back) and I'll get you a pic of the jeep.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Alright froggy... Fine.. The Ram is my Rig and the Jeep is the wife's, although we do carpool and use the jeep more for errands and runnin around. I like drivin it, its kinda peppy and fun. No where near the power of being behind my CTD, but fun , and as you can see there is a picture of it at least. Not like I am trying to hide the jeep, are you trying to hide your jeepy?

Old 11-26-2007, 03:00 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

It's in my sig & I said Hi in the Jeep subform...but come on man...I've gotta keep some crediblity don't I?

Jimmy's already tried to bust me for driving a Jeep & Jake tried to vote me off the island....

anyhow were hyjacking this poor guys thread ....

hope you enjoyed this commercial interuption...now back to your regular scheduled programing 'How Great the 6.7 is: Horror stories & Happy moments"

Old 11-26-2007, 04:03 PM
MAB_CTD_4X4
Professional

I think SuperDave is dead on with what he said. As for as all the CEL everyone is having. Mine only came on once and that was at 200 miles the day after I picked it up and went out the next day. So when I went and had my nerf bar installed they put it on the computer to check for a code and it was a speed sensor code they reset it and i never had a light on since. But I'm sure since I said that I will have a CEL on my way home from work....LOL

Old 11-26-2007, 06:53 PM
2008cummings
Professional

good to hear mab. Better then a power stroke hehhe.
I drove the PS no ***** at all and the chevy was a nice motor and quick, but could not handle the looks with the tiny wheels and felt the cummins is a much better motor...

Old 11-26-2007, 07:17 PM
MAB_CTD_4X4
Professional

Couldn't tell you how much better..... We have a new 6.0 PS Flatbed F350 at work and when my cousin went pick it from the dealer he came back and told me man I see why you like driving a diesel, so I went drove it and I laughed when I got back to the shop. He was like well what you think, I told him to get in a real diesel and took him for a ride in mine and he said man that almost makes me want to go get a Dodge CTD and he's a Ford man.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:20 PM
2008cummings
Professional

the for dealer was like the CTD is a high rpm diesal and they had twin turbos. So get on her and was soo slow until it downshifted and the rpm's got way up there. No comparision.

I think the chevy was the fastest CTD right behind the chevy and the ford in way last place.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:22 PM
UpBranchLiner

Alright Joel warned himand so did Chouseal. He's free game now!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Joel_MD

And for heaven's sake, contact DevilsReject with an e-mail or PM and ask him to remove the 'g' from your login name. Otherwise you will suffer credibility problems within the ranks of these grizzled Cummins motorheads!

Old 11-26-2007, 07:30 PM
2008cummings
Professional

I sent devilsreject a pm. Did you drive the 3 majors out there lately? Warned for what? My opinion that the chevy felt faster? Still bought the CTD. not comparing reliability or anything which was the major reason I bought the CTD. I know it will last...

Quick Reply: just ordered