Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

smarty or smarty jr??

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Aero Ram
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: smarty or smarty jr??

yup parts/service would be the man to ask...

Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

What is the stock limit set at anyway?
I have had mine up to around and a little over 110mph before and no shut off?

Old 11-27-2007, 11:25 AM
triton
Record Breaker

that I don't know but, I do know it starts defueling around 90 something. You might see 110mph on a down hill but, my truck anyway wouldn't fuel to get it there.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:19 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Well mine must be set high then because I pissed the wife off when I kicked it up past 100 and got to around 110 before I got out of it. At least I think it got to 110, past 100 for sure. and that was stock tires and rpms just about maxxed out. I never noticed a loss in power till I let off of it.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not know of anyway to "adjust" the rev limiter or the top speed on any Dodge vehicle without using an aftermarket programmer. I have actually searched for this feature on the Star Scan and the DRB III and have not found anyway to make this happen. I can adjust tire size and gear ratio.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Bob Wagner

stock defuel is 113 mph and its nothing the dealer can touch. Hi Ty

Old 11-27-2007, 08:34 PM
triton
Record Breaker

hey Bob... I also wonder exactly what the speed was. I know that dyno run I did in Indy Dave and mike told me it fell on it's face around 98mpg so i figured that where it set from the factory.

Hope I'm answering everyone's questions about the smarty ok. feel free to join in if needed :-)

Dudes and Dudettes of the forum...... Bob is Mr. Smarty so if you have questions I'm sure he could help. :-)

Old 11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

I have a question. If I set it on 90hp with timeing, will I need to worry about EGT's with normal driving? And is there a way to monitor Boost and EGT's without buying a $500 monitor. And If I did buy a Monitor how will it work with the Smarty?
Ok So It's multiple questions not question

Old 11-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob, how about sending me a Smarty to "play" with. As a dealer I am not allowed to suggest programmers. But I can give my personal opinion about the subject, if I am asked. I am not a fan of Bully Dog products and Not big on the Banks. Have not seen any problems with the Edge with attitude. Today a 2004 3500 came into the shop on a trailer. A friend of mine has a shop and this truck belonged to one of his customers. The owner had plugged in a Bully Dog and after the download finished, he said that it gave an error message saying to call Bully Dog's help line. The truck would not crank. They told him to take it to a dealer. The BD had erased the ECM memory. I had the truck running in about 15 minutes but only because I knew a way to figure out the original software version. Without that info, there is no easy way to reprogram the ECM. If I had of had to get a new ECM, the warranty would not have paid for it because when I sent the bad ECM in, they would have know what happened...

Old 11-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could always set the tire size to the smallest diameter to fool the computer into thinking your going slower than you realy are

Quick Reply: smarty or smarty jr??