Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

what axels i have under my Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:13 AM
frozen north
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what axels i have under my Dodge

hello Guys
I am very new to this forum and would like to introduce my self.
My name is Rob and right now i am living in the cold north of Sweden ,Europe Very close to the artic circle,whhat is btw a very nice place to be.

I bought in the beginning of this year a Dodge RAM 2500 year 2006 with the Cummins inside of it. Great car and even greater engine. The car was hardly used and had done 40000km, think that would be about 28000 miles.
NNow i would like to know what axels i have under this car. I tried to find it by the VIN number but that doesn't give this information at al.Does anybody know where i could get this sort of innfo easy?? The car i have bought comes from the Netherlands. There it is imported but there is no official iportere where i could ask this sort of stuff really.

Reason why i would llie t know is that i am thinking to buy a lockig diff as that would be some help here in the orrest where i spend some time. Al works wel on the car but sometimes i would like to be able to lock the diff. So is there anybdy out there who could help me wih this ???

Kind regards Rob

Old 12-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: what axels i have under my Dodge

you have an AAM 11.5 axel under that truck. . . I'm unsure of what kind of lockers you can get for it. . .I think the only one avialable for it would be a detriot locker. other types such as air lockers are not made since the torque of the engine would shred the internals.

we have a member here that works for a dealership parts/service. if you PM him your VIN number he can tell you all sorts of good stuff about your ride.

welcome to the site!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Joel_MD
Captain

Welcome to the forum. It must be very dark most of the daywhere you are!

As Drew stated, you have the 11.5-inch rear axle manufactured by AAM. It comes from the factory with either an open differential or with a gear-driven limited slip mechanism. Unfortunately, withthe AAMaxle there are not many options for adding a locker or aftermarket limited slip. If you go to Randy's Ring and Pinion site you will see he offers this one for $600. It appears that he is willing to ship internationally.

If you are unsure if your's has the limited slip, you can get a build sheet from this website. It should tell you if the factory installed a limited slip on your rear differential.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM me the last 8 digits and I will get you the information that you need...

Old 12-05-2007, 02:09 PM
frozen north

Hey guys,
Thank you for the input about my axels. have send a pm and hopefully then i know what i have for sure. Wih a Detroit locker i would already bin very satisfied as i have used them in the past with another brand car and that worked alright.

Wel about the darknes i only can say that right now i am in the southern area of Sweden where it should be much lighter but it isn't. When everything is coverd with snow it is much lighter then here with longer sun but no snow coverd ground.

The -25 celcius up north felt warmer then the +6celcius here in the south at the moment.

Thanks everybody for the input.

Regards Rob

Old 12-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dang -25C thats cold. . . .it is about 50F here right now about 10C if my math is right.

Quick Reply: what axels i have under my Dodge