Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Trying to help fellow drivers out ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007 | 04:07 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker
Default RE: Trying to help fellow drivers out ...

Actuall it is the highway patrol that is not doing their job (imagine that). Even if it is just givingwarnings for a blown tail light, head light or no trailer lights. It is their job to enforce the laws of the road, not the DOT.

Old 12-13-2007 | 04:31 PM
Mayfair
|
Legend

Yeah, I know it was the patrol, but I didn't want to get anybody jammed up. Since Ithink PenDot sends the registration forms out, I'm sure they have the means to send a friendly letter out to whoever has a defective light. I didn't wanna involve the po-po, especially the "Staties". They usually have a hard on for enforcing the law.

Old 12-13-2007 | 05:29 PM
roadking096
Professional

I agree that it would be a lost cause, but it is refreshing to hear of someone who cares what goes of outside of their own little world. I tapped my horn once to let the teenagers in front of me at a light know that they left the gas station with their gas cap on the trunk and was greeted with two middle fingers. Felt good running over it.

Old 12-13-2007 | 05:55 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: CowboyBob

Actuall it is the highway patrol that is not doing their job (imagine that). Even if it is just givingwarnings for a blown tail light, head light or no trailer lights. It is their job to enforce the laws of the road, not the DOT.
here in Arizona, the highway patrol is the DOT !!!

Old 12-13-2007 | 06:11 PM
sspp
Professional

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

That Harley thing kinda hit home a bit.

For whatever reason, my year scoot blows tailights all of the time. I ride with a spare in my bag at all times as well as a screwdriver. It's not uncommon for it to work when you left, but then from the vibration to pull the element apart. I've tried the heavy duty / multiple element bulbs to no avail. I bet I replaced about 3 last year alone.

Do they make LED bulbs that would fit?
They might last longer.

Or, is that too ricey?

Old 12-13-2007 | 11:32 PM
chouseal
Veteran

I'm thinking about stacking some bricks under your axles and letting the air out of your tires and stealing them. They look really nice, and I think I want to steal them !!
Mayfair, you had asked me a week or so ago in another thread for some pictures of my new tires and wheels. Sorry, just keep forgetting to take some pics. But my setup looks pretty much just like tdmopar's, except my truck is white. I think it's a killer setup. Black 16x8 Rock Crawlers with BFG AT/KO 285/75's. Right now I don't have any center caps... been trying to decide if I want to add them or not. Actually, my stock nut covers (careful) will fit, but I'm not sure. I kinda like the bare hub look (the tire shop painted them black for me before mounting everything up).

Do it!

Old 12-13-2007 | 11:34 PM
chouseal
Veteran

On closer inspection, I think he's got the Soft 8 version of those wheels. But the Rock Crawlers are really similar.

Old 12-14-2007 | 12:31 AM
memphisii
Amateur

you could just get a cb and attach a PA and yell at them through it it works pretty well, theres always smoke signals too you just need to me chipped of begger injectors

Old 12-14-2007 | 07:44 AM
Bigriver

I've many times thought of having a mid size sheet of card board with a special message such as
"YOU'RE AN IDIOT " or something of that nature. Certainly many of ya'll see some bone headed acts of idiocy out there. Why not have a few other message boards such as "check your tires", or "check your tailights". It wouldn't seem to be hard to just pull up next to them, roll down your window, maybe honk and flash the sign.

This method has proven to work down here during Mardi Gras, with the "show your ****" sign!!

Old 12-14-2007 | 07:48 AM
MAB_CTD_4X4
Professional

This method has proven to work down here during Mardi Gras, with the "show your ****" sign!!
LOL!!!

Quick Reply: Trying to help fellow drivers out ...