Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

factory hub caps for EMS kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007 | 10:33 PM
DiEseLjunKy
|
Veteran
Default RE: factory hub caps for EMS kit

I don't blame youat allfor not driving it in the winter Todd that crap they put on the roads up there gets in everything and eats stuffup like cancer. They use it down here too but only on those rare occasions when we get a big snow or ice storm maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I just wash my truck off real good the best I can if I do have to drive in it.So far I haven't had to in the Ram.

Steve I see your online now hang tite if you can.. Just checked my email and the pics are there give me some time to get them uploaded.My connection is a little slow here at the house I'll post them up asap...

Old 12-15-2007 | 11:12 PM
DiEseLjunKy
|
Veteran

You'll just have to go direct to my gallery for some reason and after editing and tryingthe thumbnails aren't posting gallery url: https://dodgeforum.com/albumphoto.as...amp;sortType=6

Ok guys here it is I reposted the pics showing where I bored them out.Didn't know how to do that the first time. You never told me you had a mineral grey truck that's the same color as mine.Good choice If you get a nice day maybe pull her outta the garage and shoot a pic of the whole truck so we can see how good it looks. My truck has chrome but i like the blacked out trucks. Think you need to get some bigger meets on those rims when the factory 265's wear out though. I got 285's on mine.

Old 12-15-2007 | 11:25 PM
rootercycles
Professional

tires are so expensive that I will definately have to wait a while. I have a 2" leveling kit on it too so I am going to try 305's. Thanks for getting those pictures here! I am going to post the complete installation that EMS sent me on a seperate post.

Old 12-15-2007 | 11:40 PM
DiEseLjunKy
|
Veteran

Hey uploading pics is easy but yours were too big to upload here. What you do is copy a shortcut to the jpg pic file to your desktop. Right click that jpg desktop icon then click "open with".... click "paint" then it will open the pic up you will see "image" click that then click "resize, skew" and you will see horizontal 100% vertical 100%.... you need to change those to 65 and 65. Might work at 70 or 75 but I always do 65 and it works for me. Resize it then upload it here to your own gallery click your name to find that or just go to the top of the page here and click gallery...

305's will look good on there I wishI had gone a little bigger with tires. one thing is for sure you won't have to worry about the wimpy factory wheel bearings giving out with bigger tires on there. If you could pull the factory units apart you would see they space the2 bearings right next to each other and it makes sort of a weak "pivoting" point, for lack of a better description, whereas our Warns have the bearings properly spaced apart about 2" apart and better able to carry that extra load of rubber. Ball joints are another matter but those are a weakness thatoften faileven with stock tires...

Old 12-16-2007 | 12:19 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

wow those hubs stick out a long ways... you can use irfanview to resize them pretty easily... www.irfanview.com freeware. works great

someone pointed me in a direction to a program that allowed you to resize a folder pretty easily. let me see if I can find it.

Old 12-16-2007 | 12:22 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe

here it is... download it, install it then look in a folder that has pics in it and right click on one of them... select resize and a utility will pop up that will allow you to select the size to resize them to. check it out...

Old 12-16-2007 | 01:11 AM
DiEseLjunKy
|
Veteran

Yeah they stick out pretty far especially with the skinny stock tires on there. Looks good though. But I think with the way your wheels stickout Steveif you ever put some manual hubs onyours they should be pretty close to flush. Also keep in mind Dynatracs makes a new kit now with their ownmachined lockers (not Warns like ours) where they are stubbed and would actually be recessed about a 1/4 below the hole in the hubcap.. But I kind of like the way the Warns look personally. I'm looking at getting some forgedCenterline wheels on mine at some pointin the future and see if I can't tuck them in a little with the right offsetbut Imight have to add some paint matched flares on my fenders if the tires are out a little too much..

Old 12-16-2007 | 09:12 AM
rootercycles
Professional

I have always been challenged with uploading images and files to forums. I want to share the EMS file I have showing the installation, so I'll give it another shot.

Old 12-16-2007 | 09:14 AM
rootercycles
Professional

I like the look of the hubs sticking out! That is part of the reason I did the kit! When pulling up to a FORD or another Dodge, they will be able to tell right away this truck is for real! Plus, I can help in fuel mileage, reduce wear and have a stronger front end.

Quick Reply: factory hub caps for EMS kit