Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

factory hub caps for EMS kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007 | 10:30 PM
DiEseLjunKy
|
Veteran
Default factory hub caps for EMS kit

I popped some holes in Rootercycles hubcaps this past weekend. He recently installed the EMS freespin hubkit on his 06 CTD. He said they got there today and he would send some pics. Still waiting for those picsAnyways here they are as I was boring them out.

dialed inand ready to bore:
https://dodgeforum.com/albumtn.aspx?...z332093906.jpg

chamfering:
https://dodgeforum.com/albumtn.aspx?...s980850316.jpg

finished:
https://dodgeforum.com/albumtn.aspx?...z341281223.jpg

finished x2:
https://dodgeforum.com/albumtn.aspx?...g978084261.jpg

Old 12-13-2007 | 11:22 PM
finny
All Star
Default RE: factory hub caps for EMS kit

all i got was computer language

Old 12-13-2007 | 11:29 PM
DiEseLjunKy
|
Veteran

That's strange they work for me then check my gallery they're uploaded here to DF: https://dodgeforum.com/albumphoto.as...=1&apage=1 if that link's not working for you just click my name then click the "gallery" below it.

Old 12-14-2007 | 12:33 AM
memphisii
Amateur

i wish a had a lathe looks good though, how was the install?

Old 12-14-2007 | 07:49 AM
DiEseLjunKy
|
Veteran

I think he had a time getting them on there but it's all done now except for finished pics of the truck it's been almost a whole day waitingfor those

Old 12-14-2007 | 04:09 PM
rootercycles
Professional

DiEseLjunKy & All,

Haven't had much time lately. Either been at work or ready to hit the pillow. I will post some pics of the caps on my rig tonight. I will say they look kick-***! As for the installation, it required way more specialty equipment than I had been told by EMS or than I planned on. The tools that you will MOST DEFINATELY need are a 20-30 ton press, good air tools, Dana 60 lock-nut socket and plenty of patience.
None of the bearing races were installed on the kit. They are so big that you need to have them pressed in by a professional unless you have the special disc tool yourself. These are way too big in diameter for most of us to have a socket that big.
Thewheel studswere another part of the build that without a press is impossible. Most of the time in the pastI have been able to hammer the studs in. I took them to a machine shop and they needed 12-15 tons of pressure to get them in. You can't hammer in that hard.
The U-Joints are also bigger than most drive shaft u-joints so they won't press out as easily as what you might be used to. I would be happy to field any more questions regarding this install if you guys are interested. I keep trying to insert the document I got from EMS on the installation, but I can't seem to find the "insert document" part of posting. Give me direction and I will place it here.

Old 12-15-2007 | 01:56 PM
DiEseLjunKy
|
Veteran

I don't know how to do that but I've seen other guys post docs in a pic that you click on..\

Have you burned through a tank of fuel with the hubs on there yet and done a hand calc? How much did you pickup? I got 1.5 extra mpgs from mine.

Old 12-15-2007 | 02:17 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

yup, another one looking for the after install pics... (subscribed)

Old 12-15-2007 | 07:26 PM
rootercycles
Professional

haven't driven my truck yet. Sittin' in the garage. I use my old beater '85 F150 to run in the salted roads up here in MN. I keep my baby nice and toasty in my heated garage. I'm dying to get her out to see if there is a significant difference in mileage, steering noise and handling. I sent my pictures to DiEseLjunKy and I think he is a little more savvy than I am with posting attachments.

Old 12-15-2007 | 07:33 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

uploading pics to the site in a thread is easy... use the "click here to upload" button and it'll allow you to upload pics. as long as they are not bigger than 500kb total, you'll be good to go. you can also check the box "embed picture in post" and it'll put the thumbnail in your post. otherwise you'll get a link.

another way to do it is if you have your pics uploaded to a hosting site like photobucket.com, you can copy the "direct link" address and paste it into the window that pops up when you use the picture button in the toolbar (far right above the text box you type your message in).

Quick Reply: factory hub caps for EMS kit