Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Need some CTD info from experienced owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 04:54 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some CTD info from experienced owners

If it's good for the marriage do it those 47RE'sfrom what little I know were really not meant for diesels between the two if I hadto have an autoI'd get an older third gen with a48RE it's apretty goodtransbehinda stock engine.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:22 PM
6inarow
Professional

Forget the extended warranty they will hose you out of a claim on the engine because of Its (extreme usage) If you take care of it the engine will be the least of your worries. sounds like your looking for a little newer than mine but my 97 will nail down 18-22mpg empty and 12-17 with a loaded gooseneck trailer, all the while it keeps clicking up the odo to a current 338,678 miles with zero engine problems, yes injectors and Injection pump have been serviced once but thats the nature of the beast at that many miles, And I have the same automatic It left the factory with. And my last two cents advise getting 3.55 ratio in the axles. Happy hunting and dont fear the cummins! Happy holidays!

Old 12-24-2007, 05:56 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

338,678 that's gotta be a record on here most of the time we only hear about so and so's brother in law that got 300,000+ etc. I know they'll do it but it's cool to see a member with one that has and I agree 110% the engine being the least of worries more troublesome will be the front end parts these trucks seem to eat through..

Quick Reply: Need some CTD info from experienced owners