Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Supersprings??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Bigriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Supersprings??????

I'm thinking that I will do better with air bags due to their ability to adjust to different load ranges. After looking at quite a few makes, I found that Pacbrake actually makes them as well. The cool thing that I'm hoping for is that perhaps the compressor that drives the exhaust brake that I have installed already, may also be rigged to inflate the airbags. I'm glad to see that there are "no drilling" installations.

Oh......and Jimmy,when the mud begins to fly between you and Sharx, I'll remember to DUCK!

Old 12-26-2007, 10:29 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: Bigriver

I'm thinking that I will do better with air bags due to their ability to adjust to different load ranges. After looking at quite a few makes, I found that Pacbrake actually makes them as well. The cool thing that I'm hoping for is that perhaps the compressor that drives the exhaust brake that I have installed already, may also be rigged to inflate the airbags. I'm glad to see that there are "no drilling" installations.

Oh......and Jimmy,when the mud begins to fly between you and Sharx, I'll remember to DUCK!

I am merely a follower this time. I seen Kev with it first then others and I decided what the hell. I used a lot of differnet sigs the past week, he can take it. Of course problem is he can also dish it out. Should make a fun new year

Old 12-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Super Dave
Veteran

I put the Firestore bags on my old F250. They were amazing. I could load that truck down until it was sagging pretty bad, then just add air until it was back up to level. Usually only needed 60 PSI or so to level out with 4K lbs in the bed.

They actually helped improved the loaded ride dramatically as well.
They have been on that truck for about 4 years now, and while they do leak down over time (probably 5lbs per week) they seem to be holding up just fine.

big Riv,
The pack brake compressor should be able to handle both the bags and brake.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:31 AM
FroneDaddy
Captain

I had a set of Supersprings before, I didn't notice any difference. Didn't seem to help too well, I wouldn't buy them again.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:23 AM
behindbars

Here's a link to the post I did when I installed mine.
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1025929/tm.htm

Old 12-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Bigriver

I decided and ordered the Pacbrake air bags. They seem well made, and besides, I have the Pacbrake exhaust brake as well. I started out with the bags only, opting not to go with the in cab controller at this time. I really will not be monkeying around wiith the amount of air that often, only when I'm towing the 5'ver. My available amount of room around the dash is getting alittle busy with the Prodigy brake controller, the Transferflo Trax II module, and the ATS T/C controller, not to mention the Edge module up on the A-pillar.
Should I ever decide to adda in cab controller,well thats another project in the making.

The compressor for the exhaust brake is under the hood at an easy location to access. There is a e-z connection that connects to a supplied coiled hose from Pacbrake. Its 16' long and I'm thinking of installing the fill lines behind the fuel door.

While I'm under the truck, I've got some Bilstein shocks to add on. I'm trying to knock out these smaller projects before the tires and possible rims change outs come along. Guess that's another thread all together.

Below is a pic of Pacbrake's advertisement that convinced me to go with them.
Thanks again everyone for helping me decide which direction to stumble in!

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Old 12-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Cumminnotstrokin
Professional

I went with the ride rite air bags. the air bags make alot of difference in the handling when I have my 5th on. before I put them on it felt like the back end would try to walk on me in corners, also no more white knuckles they make a big difference.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:02 PM
behindbars

Sounds like a good move. They make a big difference. With that heavy of a fiver they should really help out. You'll find the right airpressure to run and it will stay the same all the time. Without a controller you have less likelyhood of leaks, too.

Hope Mayfair likes them.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: behindbars

Hope Mayfair likes them.
SHHHHHHHH! He might hear ya. He's behaving himself for the moment, don't rattle his cage!

Quick Reply: Supersprings??????