Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Supersprings??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Bigriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supersprings??????

Anyone here have any experience or opinions regarding Supersprings. Their product advertisement promotes improved handling and sag issues. On occasion I tow a heavy 5'ver and have found a slight sag in the rear springs. No drilling into the frame with these, not sure regarding air bags. Installation looks easy compared to air bags and less overall cost. Just thinking of ways help the ride on my beast!
Thanks everyone,..........and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Bigriver
Default RE: Supersprings??????

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead, but with no responces, either no one has experiences with this product, or nothing good to say about it. I've seen these at RV shops as well as on the web alot. Are they not what they're advertised to be? If they're crap, please let me know......
Thanks, and again, Merry Christmas.

Riv

Old 12-25-2007, 11:30 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

I have no personal experience with them. I have used Timbren SAS in the past and was happy with them. Check them out before you make your decision. They are alot less expensive compared to the Supersprings.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:05 PM
behindbars

Never heard of supersprings but alot about Timbrens. Alot of guys on the trailerlife forum use them and like them.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Bigriver

NickBeek & Behindbars, Thanks for the advice, I'll have to research the Timbrems. Just want to support the sag without stiffening the ride more than it already is. ( if that is possible )

Old 12-25-2007, 04:25 PM
behindbars

Honestly Riv, I think airbags would be the way to go for you. When you don't need them you just air them down and don't even notice them. Whenever you need them just press the button.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: behindbars

Honestly Riv, I think airbags would be the way to go for you. When you don't need them you just air them down and don't even notice them. Whenever you need them just press the button.
Behindbars, I agree that airbags would perform better, but the issue that I have is during the installation, are the brackets held onto the frame by way of thru bolts? I'm assuming that the holes for the bolts are drilled thru the frame. In that our frames are hydroformed, Dodge doesn't wannt us drilling the frames. I've read that our frames have thinner walls to reduce weight, and if they are drilled, there must be a inside sleeve supporting the walls.
My Superglide sliding hitch is supported by way of sandwiching the frame, not drilling thru it.
I should check out the installation of the air bags to determinehow the supports are fastened.
Good point you made though..........

After some quick research, I find that the Firestone Air Bags support frame does not requiure drilling into the frame. Looks like I'll ditch the Supersprings idea for the airbag solution.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:13 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Or go with Timbrens. They bolt on in place of the factory bump stops. No air lines to leak, no compressors to install and if installed right there is a gap between the axle and the rubber spring. When you are unloaded you are completely stock,but load it up and you get the extra support. Ihad them on my '04 F250 to help supportthe camper, they did a great job and didn't adversely affect the ride at all. Best part is they are about $180 and free shipping. Shop aroung a little though. I looked at them today for my truck and I found them priced from $199 - $162 at different sites.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Lbuck

I have an air ride system by Talon. Cant say enough good things about it.I also pull a heavy 5er 14,000.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:08 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I have no comment or experience. Sorry. but I do eventually want air bags.

Quick Reply: Supersprings??????