Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Got my ass handed to me by a 2nd gen

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 04:14 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my *** handed to me by a 2nd gen

So the I was going shopping with the wife Saturday. I turned on to the feeder road and at the same time a beat up lifted 2nd Gen turns the same direction as me in one of the other lanes. I glanced back and saw coal rolling from his pipe and said , Oh no you ain't!
So I punched it from about 20 mph. That was when I heard his exhaust LOUD as hell. It was a standard and I could hear every gear he grabbed. My wife was yelling WTF are you doing but I couldn't hear her. We were coming up on slower traffic and I was gonna have to let off of it but that didn't matter as he flew by me like I was sitting still!! Another 50 feet and he would have blown by me anyway. Damn my truck feels slow now.[]

Old 12-27-2007, 04:18 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: Got my *** handed to me by a 2nd gen

well.. sounds like get out the credit card and pull a triton! but add twins!

Old 12-27-2007, 04:27 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

thats when you start buying more and more ****!

Old 12-27-2007, 04:40 PM
cujo
Captain

Did you have one of the smarty programs loaded?

Old 12-27-2007, 04:51 PM
sharx ram
Champion

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

So the I was going shopping with the wife Saturday. I turned on to the feeder road and at the same time a beat up lifted 2nd Gen turns the same direction as me in one of the other lanes. I glanced back and saw coal rolling from his pipe and said , Oh no you ain't!
So I punched it from about 20 mph. That was when I heard his exhaust LOUD as hell. It was a standard and I could hear every gear he grabbed. My wife was yelling WTF are you doing but I couldn't hear her. We were coming up on slower traffic and I was gonna have to let off of it but that didn't matter as he flew by me like I was sitting still!! Another 50 feet and he would have blown by me anyway. Damn my truck feels slow now.[]
Were you carring my girl friend in the back when this happened?...That could explain it

Old 12-27-2007, 04:51 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: cujo

Did you have one of the smarty programs loaded?
Yes , I had level #5 90 hp loaded at the time. I know it's bad for the tranny but was just putting around for a few days testing fuel economy. I'm sure the tranny was slipping a little but not enough to suck that bad. Must have been just one hell of a fast 2nd gen I guess.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:22 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

well.. sounds like get out the credit card and pull a triton! but add twins!
??? doesn't take what I did for a 3rd gen to beat a 2nd ! FYI, the only payment on my truck is for the truck... I wouldn't suggest to anyone to load up a CC to build their truck. You might have to replace something that hasn't even been paid for yet[:'(]

Old 12-27-2007, 05:25 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: sharx ram

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

Were you carring my girl friend in the back when this happened?...That could explain it
lmao......................I think we left her at the McDonnalds before this happened.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:47 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

haha yeah f a credit card bill for **** on a truck!

Quick Reply: Got my ass handed to me by a 2nd gen