Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Your not doing your own service work

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 03:16 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your not doing your own service work

Not too long ago one of the guys on DF had a bad oil change where somehow there was lead BB's introduced into his engine. I am guessing that so far his truck is ok but it's things like that and like the video I just saw that force me to do my own maintainence. I won't even take it to the dealer to get an oil change!!

Old 12-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

I refuse to use the quicky lube like places. if I have to, I stand there and watch them.

when I used to travel everywhere for work, the company vans were taken to walmart tire/lube express.

I caught them countless times marking that there were NO places to greese the front end. then Id find tha manager, show him the ticket, and request they lube it. you should see them RUN!!! they roll the vehicle in the OUT of the service bay and tell the pit guy to drop everything and take care of it!!!

Id stand right there and count each zurk and show them , just in case they didnt know what to look for

Old 12-27-2007, 04:53 PM
olddodge
Rookie

The best reason yet to spend an afternoon doing it yourself and doing it right

Old 12-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

look carefully at this receipt....[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

did they charge for ????

Old 12-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Cumminnotstrokin
Professional

I had one of those places try to get me back in 1994 I had a 6 month old Cheby in for an oil change, they said that I needed new belts, EGR, and a new radiator. I told them the truck was only 6 months old and I was not going to have it fixed. They said that they could not let me drive it out of the shop with out having it fixed it was a safety issue. So I demanded my keys and threatened to call the police and whala I drove away.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:30 PM
handymanherb
Banned

Hope that price was by the case

Old 12-27-2007, 08:07 PM
73Jim
Veteran

Its not just Jiffy Lube, a friend of mine bought a new tundra a few years ago and when he took it to the dealer for it's FIRST oil change they drained the oil and called it good to go. One block later the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and the motor seized. After some yelling and screaming they agreed to put in only anew short block (without heads). He had to call Toyota Co. to get new crate motor (with heads). It was kind of funny because he was asking the service manager at the dealership "if a lack out oil caused the crank bearing to seize what do you think happened to the overhead cams?!" He said the service manager just gave him a look like he didn't quite know what my friend was talking about.

Quick Reply: Your not doing your own service work