Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT: Just a little "food" for thought

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:52 PM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Just a little "food" for thought

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed. What a beauty of a bird feeder it is, as I filled it lovingly with seed.

Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table ... everywhere!

Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket. And others birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. So I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like it used to be ... quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let's see ....

Our government gives out free food,

subsidized housing,

free medical care,

free education

and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen.

Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands. Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English. Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to "press one" to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:04 AM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran
Default RE: OT: Just a little "food" for thought

AMEN[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

[sm=shootshoot.gif]

[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-06-2008, 03:16 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i agree, take it down!

Name:  61Venice.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  49.6 KB

Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 AM
sddunn2
Professional

I live in canada and i hear ya .enough is enough !! just a side note , I got rid of my bird feeder as well damn mice were everywhere!!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:37 AM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: sddunn2

I live in canada and i hear ya .enough is enough !! just a side note , I got rid of my bird feeder as well damn mice were everywhere!!!!
I actually like the bird feeder. It's far enough out back to where the only thing it brings in (other than the birds) are the squirrels.....and I love shootin' squirrels.

Hmmmmm, maybe we could apply that same principal to the other "birds".......

Old 01-06-2008, 09:42 AM
sddunn2
Professional

You make a good point !! You could just sit back on your porch with the gun and shoot the birds you didnt want there ... hmmmm never thought of that

Old 01-06-2008, 01:53 PM
finny
All Star

dude the bird feeder thing is a perfect analogy

Old 01-06-2008, 03:03 PM
triton
Record Breaker

not to change your subject....if we don't take the feeders down around here in the winter... we end up with black bears tearing them down. They climb up to balconies even if they're 20ft in the air to get to them. Hell, at least once a week, we'll be watching tv or something and hear a noise out on the porch and I'll have to go out to shoo them away from the garbage cans. That or send my dog out after them.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:04 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: finny

dude the bird feeder thing is a perfect analogy
I wish I was smart to enough to be able to claim it as my own handywork, but I certainly couldn't have said it any better even if it was mine.

I read that and was like............PERFECT!

Old 01-06-2008, 03:06 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: triton

not to change your subject....if we don't take the feeders down around here in the winter... we end up with black bears tearing them down. They climb up to balconies even if they're 20ft in the air to get to them. Hell, at least once a week, we'll be watching tv or something and hear a noise out on the porch and I'll have to go out to shoo them away from the garbage cans. That or send my dog out after them.
Dude, I'll send ya some of my 12 gauge bean bags. [:-]

Won't hurt 'em, but it'll damn sure give 'em a bit of a sting.

Quick Reply: OT: Just a little "food" for thought