Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

DDS steering stablizer

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:19 PM
SpLaT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DDS steering stablizer

Finally a mod that does what it says it will do!! Best $180.00 I've spent! Difference is almost day and night! Took 20mins to install! IMHO if yer having problems with steering ie. little to no feel in steering or running lift/suspension kits or larger tires well worth it!! Check em out at www.solidsteel.ca

Old 01-06-2008, 09:44 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker
Default RE: DDS steering stablizer

+1

I put a PSC on mine and have stopped going through steering boxes every 6 months. It also does not wander while towing.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:21 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

the steering stabilizer is a bandaid. have someone steer your truck back and forth and wtach the bracket flex. many have reported box leaks not long after the install.

PSC is the fix.

I ran the steering stabilizer on my 98 and sold it shortly after I bought it. all it did was made the steering feel tighter it did nothing to actuall fix the problem.

I ordered an new steering box and the problem went away.

spend $180 more and buy the fix. PSC

Old 01-07-2008, 01:00 PM
triton
Record Breaker

you'd have to see this stabilizer Mr. Ram it. It's not your single or dual shock setup. It's actually more a steering box stabilizer but, also helps the steering. The way that it mounts make the front of the truck rock solid as it bolts between the frames at the OEM stabilizer location. It doesn't do it all but, it's a 100% improvement IMO. Couple it with some Thurens linkage and my 37's walk straight down the road with zero play ! :-)

Old 01-07-2008, 01:07 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

I know what he is talking about. it is made by solid steel industries. and like I said have someone steer the wheel back and forth while you look at the bracket. there is a good amount of flex to the bracket that causes the input shaft to leak.

check this thread out. there would be no need to fab something like this if it worked properly.
http://pavementsucks.com/forums/view...;highlight=DSS

the problem is that it is tied into both frame rails and not just the one.
now if I didnt have 2 input shaft leaks (within 2 months of installing it) it probably would have stayed on there. but it still wasnt worth the money. PSC

Quick Reply: DDS steering stablizer