Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Road Trip Necessities

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:29 PM
stevew
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road Trip Necessities

All you guys with the concealed weapon permit remember it is Illegal to carry a concealedgun in Wisconsin and Illinois as well as D.C. .......It is a felony!

Old 01-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Honestly I didn't think a concealed permit was transferrable. I have one for PA, but I didn't think I could travel outside of PA with my gun concealed. I always left it at home when I traveled into Jersey, Deleware,ect.

Have things changed?

Old 01-08-2008, 03:21 PM
stevew
Professional

yes, all states are diffrent. West Virginia CWP is good for about 20 other states including most states all the way to Florida. There are many stes that have this info, I will find you one.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

you guys covered a lot!

recap...

tp
oil
tools
belt?
water
small shovel ( for snow bound / or offroad areas)
chains (snow)
winter jackets
emergency blanket ($2 at walmart in camping supplies)
flares?
flare gun ? ( leagal in all 50 states - its an emergency safety device )
batterties for any equipment
do a once over of the truck before pulling out....fluids, filter, fuel, batteries (corroded? ), tire pressure, etc
snacks/ food
1 gal of water minumin..
map
gps
cb? (even hand held )

99% of trips start and end with no problems.

some have wrecked in snow, slid on icy roads, and just plain gotten lost.

better to prepare than to end up a casualty!

enjoy the trip!

(you should see the list when I go off roading in my baja)

Old 01-08-2008, 11:40 PM
sa1765
Veteran

as far as concealed weapons go, in missouri, it's only concealed (requires license) if it's on your person in public. simply having it concealed in your vehicle doesn't apply...you don't need the license...just need to legally own it. by being leary of taking a handgun on a several state roadtrip, i only meant i wouldn't just grab it and go....i'd do some research first and know the local laws.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:58 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Honestly I didn't think a concealed permit was transferrable. I have one for PA, but I didn't think I could travel outside of PA with my gun concealed. I always left it at home when I traveled into Jersey, Deleware,ect.

Have things changed?
it's all about reciprocity my dear man. Some states get you a pass in other states some don't. My WA license gets me a go in a few states. But then there are power states like Florida (which you can get an non-resident license via the mail) that get you a bunch of states.

Here is a break down of what your PA license gets ya:

Old 01-09-2008, 12:34 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: DiEseLjunKy

You musta forgotabout all the photochop gurus around here to post one like that up..
ive been around long enough to prove there is nothing that the old man, the devil women (), and all their groupies can "crop" that phases me..... i got all my pictures available for there taking, i just gotta keep a close watch for flaws in there posts/pictures and save them for when im in a time of need

Old 01-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Bigriver

I don't think that I saw this added to your trip esentials, but how about a small portable type air compressor, one that plugs into your dash lighter.

The other day on the way to work, I apparantly ran over something unseen in the road that very quickly flattened my front right tire. Travelling at 55 mph, destroyed the tire in a matter of seconds, so I pulled over to change the tire. OK, no problem, yet my spare was somewhat under inflated. I didn't have the above item, but fortuneately, the Pacbrake exhaust brake on board compressor has a quick connection, with a supplied 16' air hose and gauge.
I was able to fill the tire up to an acceptable level quickly and get on the road.

Might be advisable to pick up one of those small portable jobbers!

Old 01-09-2008, 07:35 PM
handymanherb
Banned

ORIGINAL: stevew

All you guys with the concealed weapon permit remember it is Illegal to carry a concealedgun in Wisconsin and Illinois as well as D.C. .......It is a felony!
I don't go where's it a felony to carry a gun or own a gun, I perfer to stay in America, and DC the crooks don't want guns there because they know there doing wrong

Quick Reply: Road Trip Necessities