Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

pure uncut cocane falling from the sky

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:31 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pure uncut cocane falling from the sky

yeah, it is..thanks. There's 5 houses in my hood and 53 arces of woods behind my house. The van is my daily 8am till I feel like doing something else :-) My truck usually is in my shop ( especially with this weather ) but, I had to go to ATL the other day and now, it's the dirtest it's ever been. I'm in the process now of installing a hot water facet so I can wash the vehicles.

Drew... I only went to Cummings and there was snow all the way there. I can't believe it made it as far south as you !

Old 01-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yea. . .it goes way past me. we dont normaly get snow like this. . .the most snow I can remember was back in '93.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Drew

oh yea. . .it goes way past me. we dont normaly get snow like this. . .the most snow I can remember was back in '93.
Drew, I remember that storm well. It was "up to the knee in '93". That first day was my first ride in a CTD.. Had a buddy that worked for the Dodge dealer in Rome, I had no power at home and was about to freeze to death. My Dad had a wood heater so I was going to stay with him. But the Ford that I had at the time was 2wd. My buddy went to the dealer and got a brand new CTD off the lot. We were rolling along and hit a tree that had fallen and was covered by snow. We high sided on the transfer case skid plate. But were only stuck for about 10 minutes. We kept rocking it back and forth and finally got out. I was impressed that we didn't have to call for help...

Old 01-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snwoing ***** in northcentral Montana right now.. we ave got a couple inches on the ground alreayd and it started just a few hours ago....

Old 01-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when I was in Iowa last year there was about 4 inches of snow on the ground and 3-4 inches fell every 5th day, but what got me was the warmest days was when it snowed, it was about 2 days later that it got freaky cold. not only that the air was so dry up there my hands were cracking and my nose was bleeding within 4 days of being there.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:19 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

Nice spread you got there Triton...

Last Monday we got about 3" of snow at work (3000' elevation mind you), later in the afternoon it turned to rain and it was wiped out (mostly). We NEVER get snow in elk grove. the last time it snowed in the area it didnt stick... about 10 years back. It just doesnt get that cold here with rain.

Quick Reply: pure uncut cocane falling from the sky