Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

we ordered our new fiver

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: we ordered our new fiver

That would be sweet someday

Old 01-22-2008, 10:50 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Man if this whole RV thing keeps going like it is, we all might hafta get together for a meet / camp and greet huh?
I'm for it. Any excuse the get the trailer out and I'm there. I'll have to leave the horses at home.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I dunno Bob, I was actually thinking that maybe we could all get together somewhere and watch you shoot those baloons and stuff. That would be cool !! Do you do that year round?

Old 01-22-2008, 01:36 PM
dasnake
Veteran

when we leave in april i could dig a getogether, just like the gun forums i belong to we have a lot incommon. i took the truck in for the gears this morning and on the way i ws think of an exhaust brake, so i'm having the dealer install one during the down time, i'm going to ask some q's in another thread.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: CowboyBob

Man if this whole RV thing keeps going like it is, we all might hafta get together for a meet / camp and greet huh?
I'm for it. Any excuse the get the trailer out and I'm there. I'll have to leave the horses at home.
I'm in also, been talking to Mayfair about that.

Dasnake, congrats on the new trailer. I bought mine in northern Indiana in Sept of 06'. 15,500 a bit of weight there, mine's about 15,000 dry also. Yes, it's a good idea of getting an exhaust brake, love mine. I also use the Prodigy controller, and use the Superglide sliding hitch. Another cool accessory is a aux. fuel tank in the bed, mine is a Transferflo 50 tank. When I fill up, I roll with about 85 gallons.

I live in south Louisiana, wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere in the Carolinas, Georgia, or the Smokies.
Let's keep kickin this around to see where it goes!

Old 01-22-2008, 06:08 PM
behindbars

Triton posted this the other day. It's gonna be close to some vacation time I got scheduled.

Another events is April 10th thru 12th in Gatlinburg TN. It's a get together at a camp ground just a little north of Gatlinburg ( 4 miles ). There camping, BBQing, meet and greet, Dave's dyno and some really nice people. Last year we all got together and caravaned to a local 1/8 track for some fun and then from there, about 20 of us went to a local fair grounds for some sled pulling. The people that host it are ( DPTuner ) Jody and Diana are the owners and some really nice folks. I highly suggest this event for fun !

Old 01-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Bill DeByker

Hi, Congrats on the new trailer. We live in our 5th wheel full time. I have used a Reese 16K hitch for 10 years and for our new truck I am having a Reese Signature 5th wheel hitch installed. The cost is about $1400. The difference is that the rails are located under the bed and there are only 4 holes showing thru the bed. When the hitch is removed the bed is flat. I had a US Gear DeAccellator installed on my 98 Ford 7.3 and it worked great. I had 188,800 miles on it when I sold it. You might also consider Firestone Air Bags for the axels, they are approx $500 installed and work to level the load.I am installing them on my new Ram.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Wow Bill you live in your trailer full time? That's COOL !! Are you currently down south chasing the sun? How long have you been living that way?

Old 01-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: behindbars

Triton posted this the other day. It's gonna be close to some vacation time I got scheduled.

Another events is April 10th thru 12th in Gatlinburg TN.
Sounds like a good time, but i don't know if I'll be ready by then. I'm going to go to my parents this weekend and get started on my pergo floor. I was hopeing to use my trailer at least once somewhere local before taking it on the road because it'll all be so new to me. I'm not even sure I know how to release the POOP !!

Is this a weekend trip, or a week long event?

Old 01-23-2008, 08:16 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

April 10th thru 12th in Gatlinburg TN
I'll be packing for Tunica and the National Championships.

I dunno Bob, I was actually thinking that maybe we could all get together somewhere and watch you shoot those baloons and stuff.
The shooting season for me usually starts in March and ends in November. But for some reason they had the TN state championships the first weekend in January. So I've already started shooting. I rode the grey horse that is in my sig photo. We one the rifle championship and placed first in our class. We beat all of the top level shooters and place second overall and are currently in second place in the national points.

Most of the shoots that I have on the schedule this year are in TN and AL and IN. The only bad things about the shoots is that the campsites are limited and they rent them out to the shooters first.

Quick Reply: we ordered our new fiver