Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Explorer #7 .... why am I so scared ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 03:53 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Explorer #7 .... why am I so scared ??

ORIGINAL: lilfroger

That is why I put IMO in there (10 years of running patches & playing the registery game gives me a right to an option don't it?)

When 3.1 / 3.11 was standard...it wasn't as open as XP or Vista is today. Microsoft has grown. To keep up with that growth it has had to (and needed to .... and wanted to) have everyone who writes software write software for it's operating systems. That is the nature of growth. That is why the OS is written the way it is. That is why applications are written the way they are.

Hehehehe, I've been screwing up my computer since I was 16 (28 next week) and I've been working on PC's since I was 19.....so I completely understand what your saying. We have every right to disagree.

While Vista could be better, its actually a great step forward for software and operating systems. It's forcing the software industry as a whole to update to true 32/64bit software. This not only improves performance, but also improves speed at which things work. I beta tested Vista, and have ran it since it was available. It's a good operating system and as I've gotten more familiar with it I've managed to tweak it to where I like it.

I'm still waiting on the service pack to fix some gaming issues, but all in all I'm happy with it. People so quickly forget the hell that was Windows XP when it first rolled out....and it took almost 2 years to get a service pack....its not been 13 months and we already have one ready to come out (RC1 is available now).

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I still fear change ...

I'll probably download #7, but I doubt I'll do the FF switch. That's WAAAAY too much change for me. I don't even know what it's going to look like. And as far as the whole "you can just uninstall" thing, I have no clue how to do that, and I'd probably wipe out my whole rig doing so.

By eliminating the ad's, aren't you also dissing the forums sponsors?
There's nothing wrong with fearing change bud, that's life.

Firefox is a very easy install and if you dont like it, you dont even have to use it. You can just leave it alone on the computer and it wont cause any problems. If you want, I'd behappy to walk you thru any questions or concerns you have. It's really not that hard. Uninstalling software is pretty straight forward as well. Again, I can walk you thru it or I know Froger could....

FireFox is easy to use and wont take much getting used to...

Old 01-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: lilfroger

But Mayfair (all all you other ol'timers) there is one feature in both IE 7 & FF that you will fall in love with....

<ctrl> <+> / <->

It makes those little pages bigger easier for you ol timers to read.....big font is goood
I learned something today, thanks Jo

I use both but prefer Firefox...

Old 01-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Mayfair
Legend

You know what i noticed a few weeks ago ..... my keyboard doesn't thave the "devided by" button. You know, that - with the : surrounding it? My keyboard doesn't have it. How am I supposed to divide?

Does your keyboard have it?

Old 01-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

To divide, you use /

Mayfair, I understand you fearing change but, YOU WOULD BE THE BIGGEST RETARD I HAVE EVER SEEN IF YOU COULD NOT WORK FIREFOX

It is even more simple than IE6, just to give you an idea. Would we lie to you? Ok so I guess thats not the best form of persuasion around here... But really, you should give it a try, check out that link I posted and you should be able to see screen shots, then if you don't like the interface (it was TOO bland and simple for me), there are thousands of add ons for free that can change the look of it.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Name:  mayfair.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  119.8 KB

That with the add on I am running, however it may be too "retro" for your likeing mayfair, let me post one with the original firefox theme.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:19 PM
chouseal
Veteran

I'm really curious as to why all of the hate for Gates? I honestly don't understand it at all.
Mayfair, it's not hate. It's just a general, widespread recognition (by developers and end-users alike) that most Microsoft products—especially Internet Exploder—are simply not well-made. On top of that, Microsoft has an arrogant tendency to shun what the rest of the Internet world considers to be standards as far as coding, etc.

IE is simply inferior in most every respect to Mozilla's Firefox, Apple's Safari, or any number of other third-party browsers which are freely available.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:19 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

must be nice to be able to read that young whipper snappers

More standard out of the box look: (but there are so many effects you can have it look like anything you want)

Old 01-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Name:  mayfair2.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  111.5 KB

That is the default theme for you mayfair, looks more like your style

Old 01-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Mayfair
Legend

JR - that looks WAAAAAY too spooky and scary to me. It looks like the internet is comming from "The Darkside"

Frog - That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about!!

I don't need much lees would have any use for G-mail ( whatever that is ), The weather, Headlines, ect ect ect.

I like my phone to be a phone
My TV to be a TV
ect ect ect ...

I don't need all of this multi tasking stuff. If I want the weather, I'll look it up. I don't need all of that crap at my fingertips. CNN drives me INSANE with that scrolling crap at the bottom.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:28 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

no...if we are talking about a theme for Mayfair it would be this one:

Quick Reply: Explorer #7 .... why am I so scared ??