Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

New member few questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:26 PM
dingo3g
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member few questions

Hello, I'm a new member, I've been reading this forum for about a year (since I bought my truck) and I have a few questions.
I read the post earlier about the CP3 "timing" knock fix. My truck has 203,657 miles as of right now, and is basically untouched aside from the general maint. items (wheel bearings, u-joints, both drive shafts replaced etc) It had a new lift pump about 10k miles ago. The truck makes a knock that is not supposed to be there, the mechanics and I have all come to agreement that the knock is in the pump area, so we're going to try the "retime" thing.
Now for the questions
1. My truck makes a buzzing noise that sounds like it's coming from the oil filter area, we replaced the bypass valve and spring, no change, the buzz comes and goes with temp and rpm, usually at idle, but sometimes just above idle, sounds like a loose shroud or something, I've checked everything I can find and no luck, any Ideas?

2. In the search for the buzz the dealership flashed the computer in the truck (2 weeks ago) and in the process neutered the darn thing, I'm second owner, I know the first owner and it had never been messed with, no programmer of any kind has ever been plugged in except the dealership, I've been round and round with them, they tell me that I'm not the first to complain but offer no suggestions. I loved the way it performed before, now it has no go. Have any of you experienced a similar issue, and if so did you find any resolve.

3 Last question, I bought this truck for pulling an open trailer with an IMCA modified on it (dirt track race car for those who may not know) all last summer it was fine, the week before the last race I changed the tranny fluid and it started making a "shudder" when going into lockup, I read on here about a product called "dr tranny's instant shudder fix" I dumped it in and the shudder quit but I have not yet put the trailer behind it again. It's gotten me through the winter so far, but is there an econimical way to fix the 47re? They seem to be the weak link in the truck.

I'll quit for now.
Thanks

Old 02-08-2008, 10:04 PM
SpLaT
Captain
Default RE: New member few questions

That "buzz" you talk of may be a power steering hose thats vibrating, you didn't post what you have for a truck ie. year, model... ect. Anyways read somewhere ways back about a TSB about that steering hose they put some kind of weight on it to stop the vibration. Not saying that this is the solution, but have read in other forums of something similar.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:19 PM
dingo3g
Rookie

I guess in all my rambling I didn't say what it was
It's an 03 QC 2500 4x4 long box automatic with 4:10's
203,661 on the odo as of now, (I ran to the grocery store since my initial post)
Bone stock, although now that the power went away i'm looking into a programmer, leaning on the superchips, unless someone else highly reccomends something else.
Love the truck, only complaint is that the seats suck, hard as a friggin rock. It's the only thing I miss from my Chevy.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:37 AM
dingo3g
Rookie

Did I ask too many questions in a single post?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:51 AM
handymanherb
Banned

It's a weekend, give them time to sober up LOL

Old 02-10-2008, 09:33 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: dingo3g

I guess in all my rambling I didn't say what it was
It's an 03 QC 2500 4x4 long box automatic with 4:10's
203,661 on the odo as of now, (I ran to the grocery store since my initial post)
Bone stock, although now that the power went away i'm looking into a programmer, leaning on the superchips, unless someone else highly reccomends something else.
Love the truck, only complaint is that the seats suck, hard as a friggin rock. It's the only thing I miss from my Chevy.
instead of the superchip I would go witht he diablosport predator or power puck. If you want more power, go with Both

Old 02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: dingo3g

Did I ask too many questions in a single post?
heck no!

I would suggest placing your truck info..year, milage, mods, etc, in your signature line back in profile.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:41 PM
dingo3g
Rookie

Thanks Kev, I just went back and did that!

Old 02-10-2008, 03:26 PM
G0tMudd
Veteran

I know it is a CTD, but umm ur having some problems u are at 203,600 miles *yea it is a CTD* but u wanna put more power in to it by throughing more dessial in to the engine? and stress it out some more? Idk just seems like this might not end out to good. Just my 50 cents.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:27 PM
dingo3g
Rookie

Not necessarily more power, just to restore what it had three weeks ago b 4 the jokers at the dealer flashed the computer and killed it.
I just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same experience with the most recent dealer flash.

Quick Reply: New member few questions