Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

S&B intake installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 01:54 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S&B intake installed

well after a few days of sitting in its box on my floor i finally got some time to install it friday. for all of you that are wanting that turbo scream and cant get it out of the stock box..... GET A BETTER INTAKE!!!! my turbo SCREAMS now, i never thought i would have a sound like that come out of my truck. i just figured i would post that because i was always curious just how much it changed the sound if i had a better intake.

as far as power and mileage goes... well ive only had it in for a few days now but i did notice a little drop in low end power, and i have been plowing snow lately so my mileage is always WAY low when im doing that so when ill have to wait and see on that one (i sure hope im not loseing milage because it sounds so sweet, ide hate to remove it[&:])

Name:  other099.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  68.2 KB

Old 02-10-2008, 02:27 PM
white fury
Rookie
Default RE: S&B intake installed

I really love the way it just makes that turbo whine. I noticed a big difference in that.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:23 PM
behindbars

Looks good in that dirty engine compartment.

What's this contraption? Something for the snow plow or a secret weapon?

[IMG]local://upfiles/75003/A5C0C9651F0145EA80B9AE0FDD4FD756.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-10-2008, 04:27 PM
BiggBlu601
Veteran

nice i wanna get one of those for my 6.7 just have not had the time to get it yet lol. looks good

Old 02-10-2008, 07:30 PM
beachmstr

did you remove the silencer ring? I have one and my turbo doesn't scream so much.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:50 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: behindbars

Looks good in that dirty engine compartment.

What's this contraption? Something for the snow plow or a secret weapon?
its a secret weapon, you got it but yeah, its for the plow... i have all kinds of wires running thru my engine compartment from that plow, and my gauges.... even more when i was running those modules.

speaking of plow wires.... we just had around a 8 inch snow fall this week and i plowed for 23 hours straight. i left the house at 1pm and did not get home till noon the next day[:@] about 18 hours in my plow stopped working and its in the dead of the night and i had all kinds of work ahead of me still. well i ended up getting it to raise a few inchs so i could park it and lucky i knew a guy that wasnt using his truck (v10 f-350[:'(]) so i finished with that but i came to find out the next day there was a bad connection in one of the wires from being dirty and it melted everything. it costed me $330 to have someone cut the wire harness and splice a new plug in[:@] i was so mad that a plug costed that much and i had to pay it, but thats the name of the game i guess with plowing.

beachmaster- i did remove the silencer ring but when i did with the stock air box i did not notice much diffrence which makes me think that might not be the reason your's is not loud. maybe it is it the surface area on the filter, or maybe mine screams now because i have 700lbs of sand in the back and a plow on the front so the engines working harder?!?!

Old 02-10-2008, 08:08 PM
beachmstr

well i know that i have a different filter than yours so I don't know. I have been toying with the idea of removing it. I will most likely remove it shortly but I just don't want it to be so loud that I can't handle it. But I don't think that will be a problem.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:13 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

give it a try, but to be honest i dont think you will notice that much of a diffrence in sound. it only takes a minute to take out and its free so what are ya waiting for??

Old 02-10-2008, 08:26 PM
beachmstr

This is true. I just haven't gotten around to. I actually thought once I removed all the other intake it would come off with it. But I guess its the once piece that I didn't remove yet. Oh well.

Quick Reply: S&B intake installed