Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

g56 - high idle works now

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Cumminnotstrokin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: g56 - high idle works now

?

Old 02-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Cumminnotstrokin
Professional

I bet your horn honks when you back up with the door open now, huh?
I woke up half of my neighbors this morning parking my 5er[:@]pissed me off big time is there any way to get this option disabled?

Old 02-10-2008, 12:26 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: CowboyBob

You will need to go to the dealer and have them enable your high idle either before or after you do this
I bet your horn honks when you back up with the door open now, huh?
Noooo, my truck's never done that before and never will.The first thing I did to my truck after buying it brand newwas reach under the driver seat andunplug the wire harness for the seatbelt dash light sensor. Then Iwedged a slightlymodified spade connector in it as sort of a jumper wire somy truck always"thinks"the seatbelt is buckledeven when it's not and taped it up. Which eliminated the annoying dashlight (my goal)and also the door open horn honk thing (which doesn't happen if you have your seatbelt on)....

Old 02-10-2008, 06:36 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting.
Now we need a volunteer to buy a 10 KW electric generator
and attach it to the pto of the trans
and use the high idle option
to run it at the appropriate rpm

On some engines Cummins has an option
to 'low idle' the engine electronic injection system
so that one cylinder only gets fuel for awhile
then that cylinder is shut off
and another single cylinder gets fuel for awhile, etc

This should reduce the gallons per hour fuel consumption rate
to a very low number like 0.1 to 0.2 gal/hr

I wonder if any of the B series I6s can do that?

Old 02-10-2008, 07:22 AM
mastercaster

for guys wanting to do this on their g56 6.7, it can be done without the pin. NO money needs to be spent except whatever your dealer is going to charge you do enable the high idle. here is what i have written before. i hope it's ok to post a link to another forum.

"i have written about it many times on several sites. here are instructions and a link....

you don't need any extra parts to enable the high idle on a manual trans!! i did mine and have posted how to do it before (on other forums). you need to have the dealer enable it, just like on the auto trans. the only other step is to ground the one wire. the wire is located on the firewall. driver side, far left bottom firewall. basically if you go staight back from the emergency brake handle to the firewall, you'll see a large wire harness, white in color. you can unhook that harness, and behind it there is a very short (4 inches maybe) dark green wire coming through the firewall. the wire has a heatshrink cap on the end. strip the end of the wire and ground it to one of the two bolts next to the harness. that's it! let me know if you need more info. you'll need your flashlight to see that little wire back there. that's it folks no money on any parts. that wire is for the optional clutch safety switch. it is really not needed, as the transmission has to be in neutral and the emergency brake set, in order for the high idle to activate. if you touch the brake pedal, release the emergency brake or put it in gear, the high idle will disengage."

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/d...d.php?t=190661

Quick Reply: g56 - high idle works now