Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Ram wouldn't fire up this morning ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008 | 05:48 PM
Mayfair
|
Legend
Default RE: Ram wouldn't fire up this morning ...

I might hafta try that soon. I actually did try it a little this morning. I took the overdrive off, but I could only go so fast before the next light turned red. [:@]

Old 02-12-2008 | 08:31 PM
R0oster31
Veteran

Well I had my fuel start to cloud when it was -25 F up here. I saw my guage start dancing, I already had the amount of the white bottle of PS it said to have, but I guess subzero temps must mean just below zero. I doubled the amount of PS and drove the truck to work watching the guage like a hawk. It bounced but got better on the 20 mile drive. When I started it after work it was real bad so I went to swap the filter but realized I didn't have one behind the seat. So I dumped in the red bottle of PS, drove to the cummins shop 15 miles away at 3psi of fuel pressure (I couldn't go the speed limit or the pressure went lower [:@]) and quickly got a replacement filter. Problem solved. I was sweating bullets on that drive though.

Old 02-13-2008 | 12:32 AM
justviper1
Veteran

Watermelonjust curious about what the rpm treatment is? is it shifting the autotrans manually inorder to raise the rpms more in city driving?

Quick Reply: Ram wouldn't fire up this morning ...