Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Never buying another Chrysler

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
dingo3g
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never buying another Chrysler

I don't think I'll ever buy another Chrysler product. After many go rounds with the dealer and back to Chrysler's help line, I think I'm fed up.
3 weeks ago the dealer flashed the computer in my truck and now it won't get out of it's own way, before that it ran like a cut monkey. The dealer says that there's nothing they can do, and Chrysler tells me to work with my dealer, and the dealer tells me to call Chrysler. I'd like to talk to a regional service manager but nobody will give me any info.
1. Anybody got any ideas?
2. Anybody know any of the regional service people.
3. Anybody else have this happen?

Old 02-11-2008, 03:47 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Default RE: Never buying another Chrysler

Call a different dealership and ask for the regional office... I'm sure if one knows they are being bad their not gonna give you info on hwo to get ahold of the higher ups...

Old 02-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm wondering if your lift pump is dying on you since the loss of fuel flow will effect vehicle performance.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:25 PM
dingo3g
Rookie

Could be, it has apporx 10k miles on it, so I hope not. I just talked to the dealer again and the serv. mgr. called upper tech support with Chrysler and they're saying no way was the update the cause, ok. I'm not making it up, it really performs poorly. They want me to change the fuel filter, ok, it's been about 6 months, so I'll give that a try. It starts fine and idles ok, just has no power with your foot in it, mileage hasn't really changed, if anything it's gone up a little.
I know it ran right when I took it in that day because I can't hardly keep my foot out of it, it's too darn entertaining. When I picked it up I noticed it right away and have been arguing with them ever since.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Why did you take it to the stealership? what was wrong in the first place? It does sound like a fuel problem to me.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:14 PM
dingo3g
Rookie

Stealership, now that's funny.
I took it in for the "cold weather management update" it used to take forever to warm up, that's improved now.
How long do these in-tank lift pumps normally last, it's been in there since last March and almost 10k miles, I would sure think they should last longer.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Watermelon
Captain

That is probably not the problem, Could be crappy fuel or filters. I try to avoid the stealer no matter what. After warranty runs out. Most of the guys there are just parts changers not mechanics. My 04 has the same set up as your 03, And from time to time I lose a little power depending on where I buy my fuel. I have found that Exxon works best for me. It cost a little more but it runs better. The worst fuel I buy comes from Pilot truck stops. change the fuel filter and check the air filter for restrictions. I have heard of guys sucking large debri into the air box, Even seen a plastic bag come out of one. Good luck

Old 02-11-2008, 05:34 PM
dingo3g
Rookie

Thanks, I'm going to change the fuel filter right after work, and check the air box. When I say it lost power I mean it LOST power, used to be that anything over about 3/4 throttle when it's in first gear and the rear tires were turning to liquid, now full throttle and it won't even think of breaking a tire loose. Now I have grown out of the tire frying days of my youth, but I don't know that it would pull my race trailer right now.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Watermelon
Captain

There is a good chance that an intercooler boot came loose. Check all of them, If one did come loose you will have massive power loss. It's an easy check before you go and buy filters.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:25 PM
dingo3g
Rookie

Never even thought to check an intercooler boot, but I sure will. I already went and snagged a new fuel filter, not very expensive and easy to do, so what the heck. I know they have been crawling all over it trying to find the "buzzing" that comes and goes, been doing it since I bought it, so I know it can't be real serious, so who knows what may have been messed with.
I don't have any warning lights on (except the seat belt, stupid thing)
Has one code, P08?? it was transfer case switch thing, the shifter linkage was yucked up and I had trouble getting it into 4 one day, so that's no big deal.

Quick Reply: Never buying another Chrysler