Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Adrenaline

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 03:05 PM
justviper1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adrenaline

i got my adrenaline installed first thing this morning and all i have to say is WOW!!!!!!! My truck became a beast!!! I have been playing with it and adding different tuner files and it is awesome!!! i will have some more info on it when i get back from my trip this weekend. On the highest setting you don't even have to hardly touch the pedal in order to have the stock turbo hit over 30 psi and the egts climb to 1300[:@]. My dad was upset when i bought it but after riding in the truck right after i installed the kit he even thought it was amazing! I drove an 051 ton with an edge on it and the highest setting on the edge doesn't even begin to compare to level 5 on the adrenaline. Would highly recommend it! If anyone would like to order one i know a guy that has multiple in stock and he said that it isn't likely that quad will be shipping anytime soon again because it takes so long to make them. Let me know.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:20 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: Adrenaline

addicting isnt it... I had my TST power bumped up for the last week to compare mileage and was totally suprised this morning when I filled up... 18.8 mpg over 700 miles. 2nd best mileage all time for my truck.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:41 PM
justviper1
Veteran

it sure is addicting! the only problem is the $3.49 a gallon for fuel!!! It likes to let the coal roll!

Old 02-16-2008, 05:58 PM
bwrong
Rookie

Keep us updated. That is what is going on my truck as soon as I can get my hands on one.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:57 AM
justviper1
Veteran

well after putting 254 miles on the adrenaline this weekend i finally have some more to say about it. first of all i loaded in new software so that it would defuel before my egt got out of line and unfortunately by doing this it hurt me power wise. i am afraid though no to have it on because without it i was hitting 1300 pretty easily when getting on it on the highest level. one problem that i have is that on the highest setting my 47re starts to slip, especially if i already am starting to get it hot! i guess i am going to have a tranny upgrade in the near future! the last down side that i found with the adrenaline is that when i had my edge ez on, my truck would stay in od while climbing hills on the highway but now with just the adrenaline it wants to keep downshifting. i may end up attempting to put the edge ez back on with the adrenaline and see if that helps. If anyone knows what order to hook them up in, if it matters, some help would be appreciated. otherwise the box is great with tons of power. i can't wait to upgrade the trans so that then i will be able to actually get on it hard with out worrying about breaking it or without it slipping horribly! if anyone would like to know more or would like me to try anything on it let me know.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:29 AM
justviper1
Veteran

After being annoyed yesterday with the downshifting, this morning i loaded a new tuning file on to the adrenaline. it is one of the more aggressive ones. this sofar solved the problem with the downshifting. i was on my way toschool this morning and it only did it until i found the rightpower level then it quit. i will have to try it out some moreon my way back home. I forgot to mention that the adrenaline has a warm up feature that is really nice. when it is in warm up mode, which i have mine set to 140, i will turn off all power levels so that you cant just start the truck and stomp on it in the highest setting before the truck warms. it also has a high idle feature that starts 2 min after startingon any power level while it is in warm up mode. then if you stop and leave the truck run and want the high idle to kick back in all you have to do is leave the power level on 00 and let it sit for 2 min without touching the brake or anything. very nice feature.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:45 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also saw you have 100 hp injectors, I was thinking of getting some 60-100 hp injectors myself, I know you are talking about your new programmer, but could you tell me a little about your injectors to, Thanks........

Old 02-18-2008, 08:54 AM
bwrong
Rookie

Call Quadzilla and talk with Jeremy. He will help with any questions you may have about it. The folks at Quadzilla are really helpful. My transmission does not like my SuperChips/Quad stack. I think I will redo it before anything else. I also would like to know more about the 100hp injectors.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:54 PM
justviper1
Veteran

well the 100 hp injectors were in my truck when i bought it but i have drove other trucks that are similar to mine without the injectors and they really do make a difference. the key is to have the bigger injectors and a fuel pump to supply them with enough fuel. when i added my AirDog 150gph i noticed a huge difference in the truck. before i added the pump it was sluggish and didn't respond well but afterwards when i had the fuel to the injectors they really made a huge difference. they make it more responsive and of course put out more power and torque. someone that could probably answer more questions about them would be Larry at Discount Power Parts 1-866-547-3517. he knows a lot about the cummins motors and has an 05 for himself that is amazing. he took me for a ride in it today and said that as soon as i get my tranny upgraded that mine should be similar to his. it was one hell of a ride! we almost shut down the street because of the huge cloud of smoke!

Old 02-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to get some of yall im my truck with the smarty TST stack

I dunno why my clutch still hangs on like it does.

Quick Reply: Adrenaline