Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Frustrated !!!! *** updated *** Finally!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated !!!! *** updated *** Finally!!!

Well as some of you may know I have been waiting for some time now for my Edge Juice and A2 combo to get in to the 4X4 shop so they could install it. Well, they called today and said that the UPS man had come and my stuff was there!! Hooray, right?

Well I dropped the truck off and they said it would be done in about two hours. I came back four hours later (after I got off work) and the Mech. was still fiddling with it. He said he had it all installed, but it threw a code and he couldn't get his reader to clear it....( I know the A2 is suppsoed to be able to do this too, please follow along)

So the mech called the owner guy ( who left early ( lucky him ) and he said it was cool, to come back tomorrow and he would use his Smarty to read and clear the codes for me at no extra charge !! ( wow, no extra charge..ef that)

So I get on the road back home and start fiddling with my new toy, all was fun for a bit, then I began to notice certain functions were not operating. It wasn't displaying boost, vehicle speed and significantly over read engine temp. I was barely warmed up and it yelled at me telling me my coolant temp was 260?????

So I get home, well after the shop closed and unfortunately after edge closed and began to tinker. I double checked all the mech's connections, all good there. SoI dug around on Edge's site and found out there was a software update.. That could be right?

So I proceeded with that, after about an hour of it not working and now the unit being ompletely locked up I dug deeper. Turns out this update only works on A2 version 5.4 and 5.4b.. well I looked at the bottom of mine and it is version 5.1 and manufactured in 2005??? For crying out loud it only has a three digit serial number it is that old.

So now here I sit with my A2 sitting on my office desk, I am going to call EDge tomorrow to see if they can send me a retrograde or downgrade memory updater to at least get it back on the road or working again, it's completely dead in the water. Not to mention that the backup camera function I ordered only works with version 5.4 or 5.4b.. I think this dealer guy gave me on he has had on his shelf for a while.

I can tell you that once this fiasco is resolvedI will never again be doing business with Black Sheep Performance 4X4 of Great Falls, MT

I really hope this issue gets resolved in an orderly, timely fashion.

Sorry to rant, but geez, I needed to vent this crap somewhere. Anyone have experience with Edge that could lead me to beleive I am gonna get my way?

Old 02-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Redram05baby
Default RE: Frustrated !!!!

Sounds Like It May Not Be EDGE As The Issue. Most Shops Should Realize the Issue For You. Yea Call EDGE Before You Call That 4x4 Place and Let Them Know.. See If They Tell You More Info Than The 4x4 Place Wants You To Know.

I'd Let Them Know It Took So Long To Get Also.

Thats Outrageous In My Opinion

Hope It All Works Out.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

THe issue for getting it was that the owner guy and the mechanic dude each thought the other guy was gonna actually place the order. I showed up for my appointment last friday and it wasn't there cause they didn't freaking order it

Old 02-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Redram05baby

What Is The Small Business World Coming To?

Old 02-19-2008, 11:42 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

I feel your pain man!! Been a bad week for a few of us so far!!

Old 02-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

indeed my friend, indeed

Old 02-19-2008, 11:53 PM
Redram05baby

Dont Say THAT! My Truck Is Going In The Dealer Tomorrow, For A Steering Pump Leak + Spedo Recal.. I Dont Want To Add To The "Frustrated" or "Pissed off" Thread.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:42 AM
BigSkyDodge
Rookie

Shoot... That ain't good at all. I don't have any experience with edge products at or with the 4x4 place either. But, I know I will stay away from the 4x4 place now. If you want an alternative place to go because you end up getting a full refund let me know and I will let you check out where I am gonna go. Shoot you probably drive by it on your way to work everyday depending what gate you use. Best of Luck! I know how that knot in the stomach feels like...

Old 02-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Yeah, I heard about them yesterday...

Old 02-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and this is another reason why I do my own work.

Quick Reply: Frustrated !!!! *** updated *** Finally!!!