Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

OT. petroleum product pricing..

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 04:46 PM
SpLaT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT. petroleum product pricing..

Sitting here in my little control room monitoring my weegas natural gas plant, when it hits me... CNN reporting oil prices are up around the $100 usd/bbl"OPEC has cut back production".Also checked stock market and I see natural gas prices are up as well. What has my goat is I'm fighting to keep my weeplant running due to high pipeline pressure, meaning line pressure is up because there is no demand for natural gas. Now normally markets run on a "demand" for setting prices, if low or nodemand, then prices ought to fall? No!? Also talking to the oil guys seems they're or their marketing people are having issues unloading/selling/trading raw crude product. Use to be a timewhen, some one on wall street was falsely representing a market or insider trading they were hung up to dry. I think the CEOs and members of the board of the various oil companys, ought to be hunted down, strung up, lashed, then quartered, then tarred and feathered and lastly be roasted on a open natural gas fire pit!

Ok, I feel... some what better.....

Old 02-20-2008, 05:09 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran
Default RE: OT. petroleum product pricing..

Supply and demand is part of it but not all. You also have to factor in our worthless dollar losing value more and more every day because the printing presses are chruning it out as fast as they can. The lower interest rates -which make absolutely no sense at all to me - increase money supply. They don't call them "petro dollars" for nothing all oil sold on the world markets is priced and sold with US dollars. So what we have is too many dollars chasing too few goods or in this case commodities. Some of the OPEC nations want to switch over to the Euro. Iraq did that before we invaded.Iran either has or is planning to soon that's what'll makethe bombs start falling on Tehran mark my words. Anyways,remember when we used to make jokes about how worthless Canadian money was? Well guess who has the funny money now...

Old 02-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure whats going on with this whole oil market thing. granted I see that oil companies are posting what. . .$40 billion in profit. . .but realy only making around $400 million when everything is payed, oh BTW, do you know exxon pays 40% of all it's earnings to taxes. and another number to toss out there is if you take the bottom 50% of tax payers in america, add up the taxes they pay, exxon itself still pays more while the effective percent of taxes on the bottom 50% is only around 3%!!!!!!!!

now, pharmecutical and cosmetic companies actualy pay lower taxes than oil companies. . . .our wonderfull tax system at work.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 PM
behindbars

Plus another oil refinery fire in Texas. I think I'll buy myself a big tub of Vaseline with my $1200 check from Uncle Sam. Hopefully I'll get it before the price goes up and we cant afford it and all have to take it dry.[&:]

Old 02-20-2008, 05:57 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

diesejunky:u used to laugh about our money? ttt not very nice,but u know what? since 2 years ou money nearly doubled its value from .065¢ to 1$ and we still dont pay less for product made in USA
or product made elsewere and barrel is priced in US right? our money worth alot more and where still paying alot more....

Old 02-20-2008, 07:14 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

I didn't mean that in a bad way woli only jokingly. I used to pick up magazines in the grocery store and think to myself "damn them canadians get screwed they pay $2 more". And yeah I hear you about the crazy highCanadian prices. There's a lot of Canadians on DTR complaining that if the Canadian dollar is worth so much more than USD then why are you guys still paying $15,000 more for one of these rams brand new off the lot??? It makes no sense your currency is strong but the prices are still high... I guess some of it is because a lot of Canadians will pay that much.So they do.Through the nose. I dunnobut I know a lot of those guyson DTRare fed up andcoming statesideto get a new truck. And saying to hell with the warranty (warranty does not transfer across the border -it getsvoided) But you know something... $15,000 will cover abunchof warranty!!...

Old 02-20-2008, 08:21 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

warranty is void from crysler and some other brands but not all and as u know saving 15'000$ can be better than having a warranty

and yep even bombardier who make quad about 1hr from my house will sell one to me about 2000$ more than if u buy it in the states....

explain me that buddy

Old 02-20-2008, 08:57 PM
handymanherb
Banned

Yea I like to know about natural gas too, they use to burn it all over the state to get rid of it, didn't spend any more replacing pipes but the price went through the roof, and electric and gas company's use to complete for business, now the power plants are run on natural gas and I pay a fuel charge on both.

If they get the natural gas price back down where it should be, instead of basing it on gas prices, you have moreCTD's boosted withand houses running off natural gas.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:08 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

A car running on what? Come on now this is the cummins section...

Old 02-20-2008, 10:13 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

well maybe instead of propane injected diesel natural gas injected diesel?

Quick Reply: OT. petroleum product pricing..