Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

WARNING For those in the Houston area

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:38 PM
behindbars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WARNING For those in the Houston area

After my long battle with the car wash[:@]. I would recomend strarting with the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General's office. Sometimes involving a third party helps mover things along. It will also let them know it's serious and it wont cost you anything. If you do go to court you can use those informal resolutions as show you tried to work things out.The judge asked to see mine. They may even fry themselves in their response.
My deal went to small claims court and I won but getting them to pay was another story. It wasn't until I hired an attorney and filed some papersthat I got paid. 6 months later.
If I can be of any help let me know. It's all fresh in my head.[&:]

Old 03-03-2008, 09:18 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

It's a little late for all that now, i already filed for a charge back on my credit card. If he wants his money back, he can do all the leg work and take me to court. In the mean time , I will get estamates and reports from other shops and just fix the damn thing my self.
And I do think I am entittled to a full refund for the fact that I have lost 18 hours at an overtime rate of $40 per hour, dealing with this crap!! Not to mention the alignment and the rent car.
This is one time in my life that I will not be Mr. Nice guy and do all the work just to get whats owed me. The hard lesson learned will be on their a$$sed, not mine. If I can steer just one person away from that place, I will have done an even greater service to the public.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:37 PM
73Jim
Veteran

The first time I had a truck lifted I had Four Wheel Parts in El Cajon, Ca do the install. I dropped off the truck (still had dealer plates on it) and they said it would take 4 days. I kept driving by and noticed my truck never moved from the parking lot. On day three I stopped by and asked what was going on. They said there was a problem with one of the kits for F150s and their lifts are full with these trucks half torn apart waiting to hear back from the lift company (Fabtech I think). So instead of 4 days now it will take 7 or 8 days. Needless to say I asked for my keys back and told them to cancel the order, I’d go somewhere else. To keep my business they said they would give me a deal on anything I wanted to add. Since the truck had an open differential I asked about a Truetrac. Normal price was like 450 and he would throw it in for 200. I said ok. A week later I picked up the truck and the front tires had a TON of negative camber, the truck squeaked like an old mattress over any bump and evidentially, Trutrac didn’t make a locker for a ½ ton Chevy. I was not happy! They told me the alignment was what Fabtec speced and the squeaking was only the springs needed to be broken in, and that would take about a month. So a month later I came back because the truck still squeaked, they said give it more time. I came back six months later because the truck still squeaked and the tires were wearing horribly on the inside. They said "sorry, we only warranty the install for 90 days". I lost it and I’m sure I drove some potential customers out of the store. Moral of the story, DO IT YOUR SELF! Even if you need to call in some favors. On my next truck I installed a 6" Superlift on a ½ Chevy Z-71. Most people will tell you a lift on an IFS truck is THE MOST DIFFICULT lift to install, but I did it by reading the instruction a dozen times, asking questions and understanding every detail before I turned the first wrench. I’m not a mechanic and had never done one before, just took my time and thought it through. Your best bet may be to take it apart and redo it the right way. Good luck!

Before and after:

[IMG]local://upfiles/54996/32EAE4F00A4741E6A630A5124D8B3F96.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/54996/34DD665C1E5D4F4FA7213FBEDBD19F65.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2008, 09:41 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just make sure they dont try to get you for theft by deception...for a charge back onyour credit card

Old 03-03-2008, 10:03 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

Just make sure they dont try to get you for theft by deception...for a charge back onyour credit card
If they do, I'll counter with "Theft of Service" as will be evident with the reciepts for a new alignment and videos of the remaining problems being corrected. That and estimates from a reputable shop to fix it as it sits right now.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:09 PM
woligator
Record Breaker

im sorry for u buzz but waterver u migh own working and lost time,rental wont mind much in court, the cost of the fix will be easier....
be sure if get into procedure u wont loose more than ur running after...

good luck buddy

Old 03-04-2008, 09:43 AM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Glad to hear you did a charge back as he will have to explain why he failed to do the work properly three times, that is if you explained the whole mess to the credit card company when they asked you why you want it to be charged back.

If it goes to court because the credit card company did not charge it back to the business, they may not pay him for his lost time from work but he should at least try. Also they should pay for the rental car/truck while its in the shop being fix becasue of what they screwed up IMHO.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:27 PM
dodgewithnoexhaust

In defense of Texas Truck Works, who lack representation in this forum, they are a very well respected and qualified shop to do any fabrication or suspension lift known. I was and am a customer of TTW and will always be. They have done many installs for me as well as custom fabrication for me and many of my colleagues. You seem to be the kind of nit pickin a hole that any shop would regret to have as a customer. Pinion angle is not adjustable on a Dodge.The cams are for caster! According to Superlift there is no right or wrong way to isntall control arms only a matter ofopinion. We all know opinions are like aholes just someare bigger thanothers.Where did you get your tires from??????If from a"discount tire dealer" they possibly could be blims from the manufacture. Couldbe your pulling problem and your vibration problem.Dodge kits have terrible chatter anyway r/t the carrier bearing taken off. Trucks come from the factroy witha set thrust to make themdrive true. Do you know the term or definition of thrust r/t to trucks? It is a leaf spring rear end andit is set from factory. Placement of taller blocks will not shift the axle. There isNO true perfect alignment of rear axles on any leaf sprung truck.As far as the transmission bracket is concerned is it now installed correctly and if so who did your installation?My personal Dodge truck has bent sway bar end links from just drinving through my hayfield. Dodge has seriosuly P.O.S.'s for sway bar end links. I have seen many that are bent without any type of work been done to them. Did TTW do your alignment because as far as I know with my experience they do not own an alignment machine. NTB has done the alignments for them in the past. I can go on and on about how well TTW has treated me and my friends as customers. I am sure this experience has left a bad taste in your mouth as well as thiers. As we ALL know there are three sides to every story......yours, thiers, and the truth.

[IMG]local://upfiles/86448/3A3408E31C5147AB944C2B01BB620D2B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-19-2008, 03:57 PM
UpBranchLiner

This could turn into quite the ****'n match.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:02 PM
SpLaT
Captain

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Quick Reply: WARNING For those in the Houston area