Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

WARNING For those in the Houston area

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WARNING For those in the Houston area

No biggie Upbranch. Like he stated ... opinions are like a$$holes.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:01 PM
burban2002
Veteran

That was quite a first post. You dont feel that he has a right to complain about a install that wasnt done correctly even though he shelled out close to a grand to have it done? You're not affiliated with TTW other than being a customer? You're certainly right that some people have big opinions.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Az2500Cummins08

ORIGINAL: dodgewithnoexhaust

In defense of Texas Truck Works, who lack representation in this forum, they are a very well respected and qualified shop to do any fabrication or suspension lift known. I was and am a customer of TTW and will always be. They have done many installs for me as well as custom fabrication for me and many of my colleagues. You seem to be the kind of nit pickin a hole that any shop would regret to have as a customer. Pinion angle is not adjustable on a Dodge.The cams are for caster! According to Superlift there is no right or wrong way to isntall control arms only a matter ofopinion. We all know opinions are like aholes just someare bigger thanothers.Where did you get your tires from??????If from a"discount tire dealer" they possibly could be blims from the manufacture. Couldbe your pulling problem and your vibration problem.Dodge kits have terrible chatter anyway r/t the carrier bearing taken off. Trucks come from the factroy witha set thrust to make themdrive true. Do you know the term or definition of thrust r/t to trucks? It is a leaf spring rear end andit is set from factory. Placement of taller blocks will not shift the axle. There isNO true perfect alignment of rear axles on any leaf sprung truck.As far as the transmission bracket is concerned is it now installed correctly and if so who did your installation?My personal Dodge truck has bent sway bar end links from just drinving through my hayfield. Dodge has seriosuly P.O.S.'s for sway bar end links. I have seen many that are bent without any type of work been done to them. Did TTW do your alignment because as far as I know with my experience they do not own an alignment machine. NTB has done the alignments for them in the past. I can go on and on about how well TTW has treated me and my friends as customers. I am sure this experience has left a bad taste in your mouth as well as thiers. As we ALL know there are three sides to every story......yours, thiers, and the truth.

[IMG]local://upfiles/86448/3A3408E31C5147AB944C2B01BB620D2B.jpg[/IMG]
Sounds to me like you might be the owner or a worker or in some how incorporated with TTW in some way. This is big talk for a first time post. Energizerbuzzy has every right to say what he did on this post. He was not satisfied with the service he paid for from TTW, and I am sure TTW has some sort of satisfaction gaurantee clause, am I right? Any respectable 4x4 shop has one. $900 for labor is pretty expensive, but for that price they should have done everything they can to make sure the customer is satisfied. My buddy took his brand new 2008 Wrangler to 4WheelParts in San Antonio to get a 3 inch tera-flex put on, and so far he has been back there more than a handful of times because they skrewed something up. But, they backed up their work, and everything is getting fixed. That is what I call satisfaction gaurantee. But is sounds to me like TTW is a sham operation. Energizerbuzzy might be the first person to come back with problems, who knows, but they should still take his word for it, instead of pretty much telling him to f*ck off.
So, instead of basically calling Energizerbuzzy a f*cking liar for your first post, you should have said "hey guys, new here, check out my truck, aint it bad ***!?" You are not going to be very welcomed here. But, it sounds like you are not the kind of guy who wants friends anyways, so nevermind. Now go ahead and say something bad about me.[sm=shutup.gif][sm=pcwhack.gif]

Old 03-19-2008, 09:37 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

That's one way to announce your presence

Old 03-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Az2500Cummins08

ORIGINAL: Az2500Cummins08

ORIGINAL: dodgewithnoexhaust

In defense of Texas Truck Works, who lack representation in this forum, they are a very well respected and qualified shop to do any fabrication or suspension lift known. I was and am a customer of TTW and will always be. They have done many installs for me as well as custom fabrication for me and many of my colleagues. You seem to be the kind of nit pickin a hole that any shop would regret to have as a customer. Pinion angle is not adjustable on a Dodge.The cams are for caster! According to Superlift there is no right or wrong way to isntall control arms only a matter ofopinion. We all know opinions are like aholes just someare bigger thanothers.Where did you get your tires from??????If from a"discount tire dealer" they possibly could be blims from the manufacture. Couldbe your pulling problem and your vibration problem.Dodge kits have terrible chatter anyway r/t the carrier bearing taken off. Trucks come from the factroy witha set thrust to make themdrive true. Do you know the term or definition of thrust r/t to trucks? It is a leaf spring rear end andit is set from factory. Placement of taller blocks will not shift the axle. There isNO true perfect alignment of rear axles on any leaf sprung truck.As far as the transmission bracket is concerned is it now installed correctly and if so who did your installation?My personal Dodge truck has bent sway bar end links from just drinving through my hayfield. Dodge has seriosuly P.O.S.'s for sway bar end links. I have seen many that are bent without any type of work been done to them. Did TTW do your alignment because as far as I know with my experience they do not own an alignment machine. NTB has done the alignments for them in the past. I can go on and on about how well TTW has treated me and my friends as customers. I am sure this experience has left a bad taste in your mouth as well as thiers. As we ALL know there are three sides to every story......yours, thiers, and the truth.

[IMG]local://upfiles/86448/3A3408E31C5147AB944C2B01BB620D2B.jpg[/IMG]
Sounds to me like you might be the owner or a worker or in some how incorporated with TTW in some way. This is big talk for a first time post. Energizerbuzzy has every right to say what he did on this post. He was not satisfied with the service he paid for from TTW, and I am sure TTW has some sort of satisfaction gaurantee clause, am I right? Any respectable 4x4 shop has one. $900 for labor is pretty expensive, but for that price they should have done everything they can to make sure the customer is satisfied. My buddy took his brand new 2008 Wrangler to 4WheelParts in San Antonio to get a 3 inch tera-flex put on, and so far he has been back there more than a handful of times because they skrewed something up. But, they backed up their work, and everything is getting fixed. That is what I call satisfaction gaurantee. But is sounds to me like TTW is a sham operation. Energizerbuzzy might be the first person to come back with problems, who knows, but they should still take his word for it, instead of pretty much telling him to f*ck off.
So, instead of basically calling Energizerbuzzy a f*cking liar for your first post, you should have said "hey guys, new here, check out my truck, aint it bad ***!?" You are not going to be very welcomed here. But, it sounds like you are not the kind of guy who wants friends anyways, so nevermind. Now go ahead and say something bad about me.[sm=shutup.gif][sm=pcwhack.gif]
Also, you sure do got alot of nerve talking **** about the Ram on a Ram website, even worse you are new. Sounds to me the only reason you became a member of this forum was to Bash.[sm=bicker.gif][sm=badidea.gif]

Old 03-19-2008, 10:00 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Az, He's a little north of Houston, maybe does work for them who knows, but it sounds troll sh*t to me. JMHO

Old 03-19-2008, 11:38 PM
73Jim
Veteran

Charging $900 to install an off-the-shelf lift on a solid front axle truck is outrageous! For that price EVERTHING SHOULD BE PERFECT! If they want to charge premium labor, they better produce premium results! Superlift’s estimated install time is 6-7 hours. If the guy doing the work gets 15/hr ($90-105) the shop nets almost $800 bucks. I realize that the shop needs to keep the lights on but making 800 bucks on one customer in one day is pretty good.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: 73Jim

If they want to charge premium labor, they better produce premium results!

Old 03-20-2008, 01:13 AM
justviper1
Veteran

About two years ago at my dad's garage my uncle installed a 4.5 or 5 inch superlift on a ram 1500. It was for the most part idiot proof, that is assuming you can READ! It was mostly just time consuming trying to get everything apart that had been rusted really bad or caked with mud. Any kind of shop that has the least little bit of mechanical knowledge should be able to put a lift on a truck and not have any problems with it! Read the instructions and do what it says! Its not that hard but I guess that some people just shouldn't be working in a garage. I have installed numerous lifts on jeep cherokees and have not had one single complaint! The best part is that I did my first one when I was 16 years old these guys are supposed to be professionals and can't do it! The ram suspension looks just the same as the cherokee's for the most part. I can't imagine that it would be that hard! If I took my truck somewhere to have a lift PROFESSIONALLY installed and got it back the way buzzy did I would be just as mad as I am sure he is if not madder. I understand that things happen and people make mistakes but it sounds like someone flat-rated the job just to make an easy buck and cut every corner they could. BTW who would have been responsible if buzzy would have got into an accident or something because of the faulty install? People need to own up to mistakes and take care of them! Sorry for the rant guys but i get tired of hearing about businesses pulling this kind of crap all the time! I am even more tired of fixing other garage's mistakes or things that other garage's say can't be fixed or isn't the problem. If your not going to take your time and do it right then why do it at all!

Old 03-20-2008, 07:49 AM
cujo
Captain

This is why I hate other people working on my vehicles, house or anything else for that matter. It may take me 10 times longer, but if I can in anyway do it myself I will.

Quick Reply: WARNING For those in the Houston area