Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

WARNING For those in the Houston area

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WARNING For those in the Houston area

So busted, wouldn't it have been so much easier to just fix buzzy's truck like he wanted it. Something like "OK Mr Buzzy, we are sorry, we screwed up, what is it that you are not happy with" "Ok Mr Buzzy I have the list of the things that you are not happy with." "Mr Buzzy. If you will give me until this afternoon all your concerns WILL be corrected, I will see to this personally, When you get back, you and I will inspect the problem areas and make sure that you are happy with the repairs" " I apologize for the inconvience, please be assured that your business and happiness is the most important thing to us" "We do make mistakes, but we stand behind our work"

How friggin hard is that. This BS sounds like too many companies that just wanna make a quick buck and will not be in business the next time that you ride by.............

Old 03-21-2008, 06:46 AM
cujo
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See David, that's how you would have handled the situation, which again is why you and your guys are successful and gain the praise of your customers. If only there were more that cared about the work they do.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Starting my 10th year as a WELL LIKED AND WELL RESPECTED Parts and Master Certified Service Manager. James O'Neal Dodge. Bremen GA.----- 1-800-663-2522

You left a few words out of your sig Dave .... I fixed it for ya.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:37 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

Hard to believe that guy would come on here trying to defend his shoddy work like that [sm=lame.gif] I'd be so ashamed....

Old 03-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Az2500Cummins08

When I made my 4 hour drive down to the Houston area today, I noticed there are more dodge rams on the road than anything else. So you think TTW would have ALOT of rams in and out of there all the time. You would have to be trying to screw someone over with that much service. EnergiverBuzzy, where abouts to you live down there?

Old 03-22-2008, 02:37 AM
justviper1
Veteran

if buzzy would have just have planned a road trip to PA i would have installed the lift for not even half of what he paid ttw. he also wouldn't have had to be fighting to get it right cuz i would have made sure that it was before it left the shop. i still don't know how people get away with such shoddy work. i did my 1st evap job on a 99-04 jeep grand cherokee today and this is my 5th one ever! it sucked but i beat flat rate and when i was done i made sure everything was right. im sure that parts/service would no how much fun these jobs are. i hate seeing a customer for the same problem twice, especially when it is my fault they have to come back. at my dad's garage he will bend over backwards for the customer as long as they are understanding and respectful, if not then well he isn't so nice but who would be? i don't see why businesses can't take care of the customer anymore?

Old 03-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Ben D.
Champion

I believe AZ just raped dodgewithnoexhaust ..................... without lube

I believe you should do this.................

Old 03-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Az2500Cummins08

Dodgewithnoexhaust hasnt logged on since the day he joined.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:08 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

WOW!! Alot has been going on while I was away.[/align]First off let me say, yes, opinions are like a$$ holes and everyone is entitled to theirs. I won't even go back and read that post again but here is my stand. I am not "nit picking" first off. I paid top $$ for TOP QUALITY WORK!! I did not get what I paid for at all, PERIOD!! [/align]In defense of TTW, I will tell you that they did try to correct the problems on two separate occasions not including the initial install. But still did NOT correct the problems!![/align]You say that your sway bar links bent just driving Thu a hay field right? Well I didn't even have to drive my truck to bend them, they were already bent for me. And if yours are bent from driving off road, you have something wrong. The shocks should bottom out before the links bend at all. You also have a CUSTOM lift!! Not an "Off the shelf" basic lift. I believe that they might excel in the area of CUSTOM lift fabrication but they suck at anything out of a box!![/align]Also that very well may be his truck in that picture, TTW has lots of pictures of customers trucks and most of them are RAM 2500's and 3500's. And that is the part that really blows me away, you would think that they are "Ram EXPERTS" right? Why then did they not know what the Tranny drop bracket was and chose not to install in at all?[/align]And even if I am "Nit Picking" would you put a Cheater pipe on my sway bar links and bend them back or replace them? Would you not pay close attention to detail on a $50k truck and know that the owner expects it to be perfect like it should be? This is way beyond nit picking. [/align]Also, yes, TTW has NTB to the alignments I just found out. Would you expect to get a high school kid with a computer alignment machine to do the alignment on a $900 install?? HELL NO!! I expected them to have the ability to do it in house. How the hell did they align that "Custom Lifted" truck of yours?? [/align]And if you had them remove and reinstall every part on you suspension, don't you think you should re-align the damn thing?? They refused to re-align it claiming that there was no need to because all they did was swap the control arms around and shifted the rear axle 1/4". I say BULL$HIT!! [/align]You are also full of $hit about the pinion angle. When you adjust the "CASTER" you are changing the angle of the pinion in relation to the drive shaft. "SuperLift gives detailed instructions on how to achieve 3.5 to 4. degree Caster and only have 2 degree or less in the pinion angle. There is a "Happy Spot" there where it all lines up pretty close. Well mine has 3.0 degree Caster and handles like $hit. Yes that little .5 to 1.0 degree makes a big difference.[/align]And I called Superlift and informed them of TTW shoddy work and was told they are pulling them from their "Dealer List". The nice folks at Superlift also sent me new sway bar links, u-bolts and Rear blocks FREE of charge to help correct the problems. I also asked them about the Control arms and he agreed that there is only ONE way for them to be installed. Because of the Grease fitting locations and the welded "Identification Tabs" there is only one way for them to be installed and be fully functional greasable control arms!! But you having a "Custom Lift" wouldn't know $hit about the Superlift Arms because you don't have them.[/align]Bottom line is, you don't know what the hell you are talking about and probably have no clue if your lift is even installed correctly in the first place!! You sound like you have basic knowledge of your suspension components but just enough to get you in trouble. I know my truck very well and have the ability to do the install my self, I just lack the proper tools to do the job. That's why I took it to a so called "Professional" !![/align]You also should know that I am well within my rights to come here and Vent to other CTD owners about my bad experience with TTW. I am in no way in Defamation of TTW's character or business practice's. I am simply informing others so that they may make an informed decision on where to have their truck worked on based on my personal Documented bad experience with them.[/align]Now go crawl back in the little hole you crawled out of!![sm=shutup.gif][/align]

Old 03-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Az2500Cummins08

AMEN Brother! PREACH ON! Show that punk!

Quick Reply: WARNING For those in the Houston area