Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fitch Fuel Catalyst (Improves MPG?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 07:37 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fitch Fuel Catalyst (Improves MPG?)

Yes it is and was for power and MPG, It has paid for itself well over two times. And I am continuing to save money ever time I drive down the road. It was the best money I have ever spent on something like that. I mean as far as bang for the buck. I mean we need to step back and take a look at all the money we spend on things that are for looks only. I am that way to but it makes more since to spend money on something that will save you money over the long run. Just think of it as a trucks 401K plan

Old 03-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: bert0168

intake horns
Never heard of these. What are they?

Whatever I can do to get me better mpg's has always been what I was in search for. A race truck is not m goal at all. A long lasting daily driver is what I'm trying to build.
Mayfair, I'm with you on that 100%. [sm=smiley20.gif]

I'd be interested to know what you've found out so far and what combo you think works best.
An intake horn is the piece that goes right above your heater grid. They usually sell for about 400 bucks, but I just found a guy selling a Banks for 200 so I think I'm going to go with it. Steve uses an ATS ( I think) and he said that his mpg's and power was noticeably better with the intake on.

So far to help maintain the life of my Ram and to help get me the best mpg's possible I've installed Mag-hytec diffs ( still hafta do the front ) and double deep trans pan. They hold moer fluid which should help keep things lubbed and run cooler

A FASS which was a MUST for any 2nd gen

Gauges to better see what the heck is going on

An Edge comp box to help increase my mileage which I thik it has gotten me at least 1 - 1.5 mpg over stock. Since I'm only interrested in increasing my mpg's, I have yet to go over level 3

I've installed an Aero turbine muffler to help bring down my EGT's ( and it sounds cool )

My K&N intake is still debatable wether it increased my mpg's or not. My Pop seems to think they LOOSE at least 1 mpg.

I installed a battery charger /maintainer for when my Ram is plugged in to help keep my batteries fresh

That's all I can think of off of the top of my head. I also just ordered new tires. I didn't go overboard as far as size goes because I didn't want to further loose mpg's. Since Steve is having so much success with Pro Comps, I went that route. I ordered 285/70/17's. Just AT's though, not the extreme at's as the regular at's are lighter and narrower which should help keep my mpg's at least where they are. Steve has gotten 70K out of his Comps, so that's why I went that route.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:29 PM
bert0168
Professional

Thanks for the list.
I have a 3rd gen so I don't think I need the FASS

I like the intake tube but I'm worried about whats left on my warranty.

I like most of what you've done. I think I will eventually get the Smarty for its "invisibility" to the dealer when I get enough clams.[] Wouldn't be a problem if diesel WASN'T SO DAMN EXPENSIVE [:@][:@][:@]

Your tire idea is right on. I have been looking for a load range E tire that is about 32" to 33" but not real wide. I haven't been having much luck.

Have also been debating gauges. I want an a pillar mount but need the handle so I think I am stuck with either a single gauge. I think Isspro makes the dual gauges for the a pillar mount with one gauge location.

At some point I am going to kill my cat. If I do a muffler it will definitely be the Aero

Old 03-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Mayfair
Legend

As far as gauges go, Kingdog did the overhead mount and it looks KILLER. If I had a 3rd gen ( other than my dually in New Orleans ), I'd mount gauges up there for sure.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:49 AM
SpLaT
Captain

bert0168, I went with a 3 guage package (pyro/boost/tranny temp)from DieselManor.com. The gauge pod sits in the cubby hole under the HVAC controls, all I vere did was fill that hole with business cards and pieces of paper always falling out, so I decided to put me gauges there as I need the grab handle too. I did install my fuel press gauge on the steering colum. I'll post a pic of them if your interested.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:55 AM
redneckracer212
Rookie

This product really works. I run their product in the fuel of my dirt bikes and it increased the horsepower of them. Also my roommate has the product in his 7.3 and it increased hi m.p.g. about 2 m.p.g. more, the product boosts the cetane level, increases m.p.g.'s and gives you a little increase in horsepower. My best friend also runs one in his f-150. I have been familiar with this product for about 5 years now because roommate's dad is one of the inventor's of the product.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: redneckracer212
I have been familiar with this product for about 5 years now because roommate's dad is one of the inventor's of the product.
Does that mean that you can get a group buy discount?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

If I bought and installed every part that claimed to gain 1-2 mpg, the gas station would have to pay ME to pump their gas.

A mechanic I used to use, believed in this product.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:13 AM
htgriffith
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well did you use it? If you did ,does it work? If not, how do you know it does not work? Any numbers to prove or disprove this product? Any hard facts?

Quick Reply: Fitch Fuel Catalyst (Improves MPG?)