Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Diesel Prices!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 PM
lanham
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diesel Prices!!!

I think you can blame Bush as it's his (administration) policies that have driven our dollar so low which is the reason the oil has increased so much in price. Also, how is E-85 only ~$2.20 a gallon? That's BS. E-85 cost's way more to produce than diesel!!! We must be subsiding E-85. E-85 is the biggest fallacy in the effort to get away from foriegn oil.

ORIGINAL: Bigriver

ORIGINAL: canmaninusa

3.75 a gallon in Gresham Oregon near Portland.... F'in Bush, F him and his cheesy tax incentive, its all going back to him and his daddy and their F'in Arabian oil company drinking buddies.
Calm down there dude.........do you really think that Pres. Bush controls the price of crude oil on the world market. It's a supply and demand issue. OPEC decides how much to export, and they're already up to maximun output. Our refineries are jamming as fast as they can go. Never seen so many tankers on the Mississippi River as I seen lately. If the ecologist's would allow more refineries to be built, perhaps that could help. The newest refinery is likely over 30 years old.

Oh, and by the way, as far as the tax incentive goes, The Republicans have lowered your taxes, and are even giving you more back. Do you really think that the Democrats are going to improve that? I know that they will raise your taxes, and forget about any additional rebates coming.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: lanham

I think you can blame Bush as it's his (administration) policies that have driven our dollar so low which is the reason the oil has increased so much in price. Also, how is E-85 only ~$2.20 a gallon? That's BS. E-85 cost's way more to produce than diesel!!! We must be subsiding E-85. E-85 is the biggest fallacy in the effort to get away from foriegn oil.

ORIGINAL: Bigriver

ORIGINAL: canmaninusa

3.75 a gallon in Gresham Oregon near Portland.... F'in Bush, F him and his cheesy tax incentive, its all going back to him and his daddy and their F'in Arabian oil company drinking buddies.
Calm down there dude.........do you really think that Pres. Bush controls the price of crude oil on the world market. It's a supply and demand issue. OPEC decides how much to export, and they're already up to maximun output. Our refineries are jamming as fast as they can go. Never seen so many tankers on the Mississippi River as I seen lately. If the ecologist's would allow more refineries to be built, perhaps that could help. The newest refinery is likely over 30 years old.

Oh, and by the way, as far as the tax incentive goes, The Republicans have lowered your taxes, and are even giving you more back. Do you really think that the Democrats are going to improve that? I know that they will raise your taxes, and forget about any additional rebates coming.

I don't know anything about E-85, I'm assuming that your speaking about ethanol. Ethanol is not avilable here in Louisiana that I can tell. I suppose it's more widespread in the corn producing area's of this country. I agree that ethanol is not going to curb our dependacy on foreign oil. But I'd sure vote to tap into ALL the OIL on the West and East Coast, not to mention Anwar.

As for the value of the dollar, I suspect that the current condition of the sub-prime mortgages to be a major player in our economy. The stock market began slipping since last October, about the time of the defaults on these sub-primes.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:01 PM
tigzgz
Amateur

up to $ 4.10 in Racine WI. This is comforting, heating oil is $ 3.00 a gallon. Who is getting screwed??? look in the mirror!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Stang_luvr
Rookie

Filled up tonight...3.839 ran me $110 to fill up. Currently commuting 240 miles/week for work...looking forward to moving work locations in a couple of weeks and dropping that to 160miles/week...and with the weather getting warmer...will be able to ride the Harley more...

Old 03-17-2008, 10:52 PM
burban2002
Veteran

Its sad that I got excited for finding diesel for 3.89. Almost everywhere in columbus its 4.09

Old 03-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I'm REALLY getting pissed off that diesel is $1.00 a gallon more than regualr gas. WTF ???? When does the spring mix make a comeback? Maybe I'll feel a LITTLE better once I'm getting 1-2 mpgs more at least. [:@]

Old 03-18-2008, 12:34 PM
lanham

Maybe a trucker strike would get some attention. There has to be something fishy going on, no way should diesel cost >$.60 more that premium gas.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Az2500Cummins08

IMHO, I think this is a deliberate act to cause our Country to collapse. Think about it. Most of our fuel comes from the middle east. Who hates us the most? I said it before, take over Kuwait. They owe it to us. If it wasn't for the United States, kuwait would be in the same boat as Iraq.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:46 PM
UpBranchLiner

I think AZ hit that nail right on the head. How can it not collapse at this price or higher? $1 a mile to run a big rig, that wont last long with truckers. Most of Americas railroads are at compacity so Id count that out too. The future doesnt look too bright.[&o]

Old 03-18-2008, 10:59 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Prepare for the anarchy in America!!!

Quick Reply: Diesel Prices!!!