Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Diesel Prices!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:54 PM
sanddragonslayer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diesel Prices!!!

Forget about buying diesel, the time has come to start buying ammo!! how long before it all goes in the toilet?? I actually started carrying my .45 again!! I'm worried that I'm gonna get robbed at the pump, and I am not talking about the price either!![:@]

Old 03-19-2008, 06:28 PM
dsldust
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diesel Prices!!!

We have to keep our sanity and remember that every 5-7 years we run through this economic down cycle (the last coming in 2002). I know people laugh at the old "supply and demand" line but it really is that simple. We have twice as many cars on the road, more jet liners, more cruise ships, and frankly more petroleum based products in general in the world. We have not built a new refinery in the United States since I believe the mid 70's and we're operating with about 40 less refineries than we used to. The ownership of everyday diesel vehicles has absolutely exploded in the last few years because of better gas mileage and the supply simply has not grown with the demand. The last 12 months have shown a 66% increase in gasoline prices and a whopping 114% increase in diesel prices. OPEC last week said they "did not see the need to increase production" well duh!! these people don't deal with inflation like we do (they live in tents for Christs sake) and frankly are probably paying the same cost to refine now as they did in 1980. I would like to see our government and enviromental nutjobs step back and let Royal Dutch Shell move forward utilizing the "Oil Shale" located at the 4 corners, they said they can pay for all the technology, make a profit, and only charge $30 per barrel and oh yeah there are over 1.7 trillion barrells of oil currently located there ;o). The United States Buereau of Land Management is a HUGE obstacle.

Anyway, just my .02 for the day ;o)

Quick Reply: Diesel Prices!!!