Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Smarty owners gather round :-)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 02:44 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smarty owners gather round :-)

Thought I'd be the canary and help fill you in on the latest. Marco, the guy that writes the software for the Smarty posted this today. Once it's up and available on the web site you should update your Smarties. You don't have too but, with every new software comes new improvements

Unless you have a built truck the TNT/R is out of the question. It's a VIN locked program and can only be received through Bob. With some mods the TNT tune promises to be a nice performance program. The standard tunes like many already have will still be available also.

I don't know that all this is or will be available but, I think it's the direction it's heading....

What if I was able to provide you the ability to " customize " the softwares?
Like say, 4 different timing maps / levels, 4 different torque management maps / levels, 4 different rail pressure maps / levels, WG on or off? One could choose any SW # and use this rather than that timing combined with a certain rail pressure with the torque managment of choice. All that combined of course with what we already have today, Rev limiter, speed limiter, shift defuel, ABS &&&&...

"One software will cover all years from 2003 to 2007. One software will do what today takes 16 different downloads from our website.
This new software will go under the name of " Revolution ". Because that's what it was for us here. A complete revolution of our existing data base! Also, I guess it's revolutionary for the Cummins. First time ever that you can build your own software to some degree!!!

Beta testing ( if nothing stupid happens like normally...) could start as soon as Monday. That I'll know tomorrow though. Anyway, we're real CLOSE."

Old 03-07-2008, 02:48 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts
Default RE: Smarty owners gather round :-)

nice!!! now if I only had the smarty[:@] soon though... soon.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:35 PM
mytowrig
Captain

how easy would it be for the average lay person to make sense of the "make you own program" feature?

Old 03-07-2008, 08:54 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i do not have a build truck (yet) but it is cool to know i made the right choice in a performance chip! that upgrade would most likely will blow my truck up but i can tell you one thing i LOVE LOVE LOVE smarty!

Old 03-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is he refering to something as close to what the maxies have. . .EFI LIVE!?????

THAT WOULD BE SWEEET

Old 03-07-2008, 09:26 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Drew

is he refering to something as close to what the maxies have. . .EFI LIVE!?????
THAT WOULD BE SWEEET
That would be nice but, not where it's going. EFI requires a PC. What he's doing it integrating everything into one software, semi tunable through the smarty.

right now, I have the option of tuning on/off the rev limiter, speed limiter, and trans control to build boost without defueling. What he has now he says will make what I just got obsolete.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so instead of downloading say. . .mild TM aftermarket turbo stock injectors. . .I can just select those options by a push of a button. . .now that would be sweeet. . no more 40min burn time to load different software to the smarty.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:58 AM
R0oster31
Veteran

What about the 02s? I was thinking about getting a smarty but I've heard that the programming doesn't really get updated very often.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:20 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

To me I have no idea what this means? LOL!

Also, I haven't updated my Smarty since I came can got it from you. Should I go buy that cord and update it?

That is if I can even remember or figure out how to update it...haha...

thanks man!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:37 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: NCcummins

To me I have no idea what this means? LOL!

Also, I haven't updated my Smarty since I came can got it from you. Should I go buy that cord and update it?

That is if I can even remember or figure out how to update it...haha...

thanks man!
Yeah Chris, get yourself a cord. Wait a couple weeks to do an update though. By then the new stuff should be online to download. Unfortunately, they haven't done a lot of updates for the 2nd gens buut, from what I understand, it's being worked on.

Quick Reply: Smarty owners gather round :-)