Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

PHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008 | 05:11 PM
Az2500Cummins08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad that guy wasnt an ******* about it. You get a free spare wheel out of the deal. Awesome.

Old 03-19-2008 | 05:16 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Donnie, Is it me or are those the same kind of wheels that you already have?

Old 03-19-2008 | 05:45 PM
Mayfair
|
Legend

They are CLOSE ...

What I have now are 17" SATIN wheels. These are 17" POLISHED wheels. I've been trying to find one satin wheel for about 6 months now with zero luck, that's why I went with the polished wheels. They are more popular.

The guy sounds like he's going to order the one from ebay. I just HOPE that curb rash isn't bad at all.

Old 03-19-2008 | 06:29 PM
behindbars

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Things are looking up !!

I sent that ebaylink to the guy and he said he would just go ahead and order that one and have it shipped to me. Thanks a lot Chad for finding it for me !!
No problem. I was actually good for something.[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 03-19-2008 | 08:53 PM
dmp

Mayfair I have a frame repair and alignment shop in delawawe co. and have used a company in folcroft to repair and refinish a couple of wheels and they did a great job. I am home right now and don't have the number with me I will get it tomorow maybe they can help.

Old 03-20-2008 | 12:08 AM
Mayfair
|
Legend

The guy ordered and had shipped to me that wheel from ebay. He turned in a claim with ups for the other wheel, and they are supposed to be picking it up tomorrow so unfortunately no spare. The new wheel is once again comming from Cali, so I have another week to wait.

Thanks for your help and prayers fellas, it looks like this is gonna turn out OK.

Old 03-20-2008 | 01:35 PM
MAB_CTD_4X4
Professional

The only bad thing is he's doesn't have a chance with the UPS claim since he didn't package it properly.

Old 03-20-2008 | 01:52 PM
Mayfair
|
Legend

I just sent him an email basically telling him that very same thing. He's screwed. I asked him if i can just keep the wheel since UPS is obviously going to deny his claim. It would really suck if UPS denied his claim and kept the wheel. Then none of us would have it.

Whatever ... I just hope the new one comming is in good shape. Keep your fingers crossed !!

Old 03-20-2008 | 02:02 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I just sent him an email basically telling him that very same thing. He's screwed. I asked him if i can just keep the wheel since UPS is obviously going to deny his claim. It would really suck if UPS denied his claim and kept the wheel. Then none of us would have it.

Whatever ... I just hope the new one comming is in good shape. Keep your fingers crossed !!
Just standing back looking at this, There is no way that UPS can keep the wheel if they're not paying anyone for it.
I still think that you've got a chance that they'll come up with at least $100.00 basic value that eack package comes insured as.

Old 03-20-2008 | 02:22 PM
MAB_CTD_4X4
Professional

River, The thing is he didn't put any packing and just through 32 lug nuts in the box loose so how is that UPS fault. I'm not taking UPS side because I hate them but we ship thing out daily with them at work and we learned our lesson on packing and claims. Needless to say your not going to win.