Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

PHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008 | 01:08 PM
Mayfair
|
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, strike two on craigslist. [:@]

I got my wheels delivered today, and I openedone up. The first thing that I noticed was thatit wasVERY dirty, and the centercap was missing. Then I went onto another, and when I moved it I could hear something rattling around. I open that one, and there are all 4 centercaps packed together with nothing between them. [:@]

But that's not the worst of it ...

In that same box, was another filthy wheel, and 32 lugnuts that were just thrown in there. They weren't put in a bag, a box, nothing, just thrown in there. So I take the wheel to the sink and start cleaning it up. It is then that I notice that the lugnuts had beaten this thing to death and that the wheel is all nicked and scuffed up.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:@]

What should I do now?

CAN I do anything now?

I bought these things off of craigslist, however I used a paypal account. Do I have any recourse if this guy turns out to be a lemon?

Old 03-18-2008 | 02:46 PM
burban2002
Veteran
Default RE: PHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man mayfair that sucks. Hvae you called the guy? Did he describe them as being nicked and scuffed? You can always file with paypal but I think you only have a month to do so.

Old 03-18-2008 | 02:59 PM
cujo
Captain

Damn dude that sucks. I hate trying to buy stuff site unseen. On the bright side you can think about black rims again.......

Old 03-18-2008 | 03:02 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i would talk to paypal and see what you can have done, assuming you have already tried to contact him.

i would not be happy at all if i were standing in your shoes!

you dont got pictures of the wheels and the scuffs do ya?

Old 03-18-2008 | 03:20 PM
Mayfair
|
Legend

I've called the guy and I sent him an email. Nothing yet. I hope he insured the wheels when he shipped them, but I doubt he did. On the bright side, I just cleand all of the centercaps and they look fine. We'll see what they dry, but for now they look fine. I don't have pics yet because the batteries in my camera are dead. I'll have pics tonight.

Can these wheels be sanded and re-finished?

Does anyone know?

I'm already getting that "I'm screwed" feeling so I am thinking that maybe that can be done. I haven't contacted Paypal yet, I'm going to give him at least today to try and work something out. In the meantime, I'm going to take the wheels home tonight and see exactly how bad they are. So far I've only opened up 2 boxes. I couldn't bear to open any more.

You know what ... I'm gonna open them rigth now .... BRB

Old 03-18-2008 | 03:25 PM
aka_chewy
All Star

You could try some mother's chrome and mag polish with Mother's power ball to see if some of it will buff out. I've used it on a lot of stuff and I think it works great.

Old 03-18-2008 | 03:28 PM
mytowrig
Captain

instead of polishing them, you can always paint them black. then you have both of what you wanted: factory wheels and black wheels! or you can paint the wheels black and leave the center caps chrome. if i remember correctly, thats what tonyslarami did and it looks pretty sweet

Old 03-18-2008 | 03:53 PM
Mayfair
|
Legend

ORIGINAL: aka_chewy

You could try some mother's chrome and mag polish with Mother's power ball to see if some of it will buff out. I've used it on a lot of stuff and I think it works great.
That aint gonna help this wheel Chewy. It's not only scratched, but it's also knicked up. It really need to be sanded down a little and re-polished if that's how they do these things. I honestly done know how it's done.

Hey Chewy ... wanna photoshop my chromies into black wheels with the chrome centercaps for me?

Old 03-18-2008 | 04:29 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Here ya go, this is a photochopped pic of your truck with 3rd gen sheet metel and black wheels

Name:  IMG_0881.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  131.3 KB

Old 03-18-2008 | 04:58 PM
Mayfair
|
Legend

Yeah ... here ya go buddy ...