Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

More results for Max Mileage Module...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 08:20 PM
04QC4X4
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More results for Max Mileage Module...

I drove to Fort Worth and back this past weekend. This was my first trip with the new Pro Comps and a fresh alignment. I had a tail wind on the way and I got 16.1 mpg. That is the best I have ever gotten by 1 mpg. On the way home I had a tail wind for a while then a stiff head wind. I got 14.3 mpg. I have been getting about 14-14.5 mpg driving about 1/2 city and 1/2 highway. Ihave now used about 10 tanks of diesel since I got the max mileage box and my mileage hasn't gone up or down. The only thing I have left to try is downloading some of the updates from the quadzilla website. I can't do it right now because thier software is not compatible with Vista. Hopefully they will get that fixed soon.

By the way the Pro Comps are sweet. They make a little noise, but they ride smooth and balance extremely well.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:33 PM
bert0168
Professional
Default RE: More results for Max Mileage Module...

I didn't see this before replying to your last post[&:]

Old 03-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

Is the Max Milage compatable with my smarty jr, or would I have to unhook and run one at a time?

Last weekend I pulled off 17.5 with my tq.conv. slipping(its gone down since that started), I run about 80-85mph and the 70hp tune. Yes that mpg is mostly from the smarty. Would I be able to even benifit from the Max Milage or should I just leave it alone?

04QC4X4 Hope to be up your way again soon, (home!) might give ya a holler if I make it into the yellow city...go out to the canadian river and sling some mud....

Old 03-21-2008, 04:29 PM
04QC4X4
Captain

I don't know if the the Max Mileage would work with the Smarty. I don't know if it would help you out anyway, it hasn't really helped me.

Let me know if you make it up here and we'll go to the river. I haven't been out there in a few years, but I've been thinking about going.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Watermelon
Captain

What kind of speeds were you running? My new 06 with 5,500 miles on it got 16.9 on the last tank doing a little bit of everything, 14 to 16 seems kind of low for an 04. Maybe the fuel you are running is a little weak. NickBeek is posting 20 to 21 with the same set up on an 06 with 3:73s. I can only hope for the day.....

Old 03-21-2008, 06:18 PM
04QC4X4
Captain

It is getting really frustrating. I am only running 60-70 mph. I don't think it is the fuel because I've tried several different sources and I've been getting 14 mpg since I got the truck. What's even worse is that the lie-o-meter says I am getting 22 mpg and can go 600+ miles on a tank. In reality I only get 400-450 miles before the low fuel light comes on.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:29 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

O4QC.... im in the same boat but i get 12 on average. i have only had one tank since ive gotten my smarty and noticed 1 mpg gain but i also was carrying 700 pounds of sand in my bed for that tank. now that i have the sand out in at half a tank but i gotta plow snow tonight and dont have cash to bring me back to full so i wont be able to tell what this tank will gain but its gotta be more than 1 mpg more because of the sand being out.

as you remember... i had the XZT and i got a 1 mpg gain outta it and for the most part it was not a bad chip at all. looks like they made a mistake on that chip while trying to make it better because from what ive seen it was at its best when it wasnt a "max mileage".

from one guy getting screwed on mileage to another my advice is only to get a smarty. you can get a smarty jr. for under 400 and you can sell your chip for ever 200. the power gain is unlike any pressure box will give you (ive tried the xzt and power puck), the resale is almost 95% if you ever need the money back, its adjustable, updateable, guaranteed mileage gain, and my favorite BLACK SMOKE if you ask me i think thats your best route if you can come up with a hundred and some odd dollars.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:35 PM
04QC4X4
Captain

Sounds like a good deal. Please keep me informed of how the smarty does. I'm not too interested in the power gains because I really don't want to have to buy or rebuild a transmission. I had a Power Puck and I did notice about a 1 mpg gain, but it bit the dust and I was never able to get it repaired, so that's why I bought the Max Mileage Box.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:26 PM
bert0168
Professional

04QC4X4

It is getting really frustrating. I am only running 60-70 mph. I don't think it is the fuel because I've tried several different sources and I've been getting 14 mpg since I got the truck. What's even worse is that the lie-o-meter says I am getting 22 mpg and can go 600+ miles on a tank. In reality I only get 400-450 miles before the low fuel light comes on.
This has gotta be an '05 thing. This describes exactly what I'm experiencing. I am still watching results to see if I am going to buy a Smarty someday. I don't need power or such for the same reasons you stated, I just hate the mileage I'm getting. One main reason I bought this truck was the mileage I thought I was going to get. I don't think I get any better than a Hemi. [:@]

Old 03-21-2008, 07:35 PM
speakle
All Star

My mileage sucks as well, I need to adjust my speedo for the 285's but that wont make that much difference and I need an alignment which could make some difference. There is a huge thread over at tdr about the max mileage. I have searched about it for a while now and decided when I have the cash I will be getting the smarty jr.

Quick Reply: More results for Max Mileage Module...